10.

"So," I say cautiously, "it's really you."

I'm standing in water, shallow waves reaching up to my ankles. The rolled-up jeans I'm wearing are wet along the hem.

Rover is sitting in front of me on dry land, staring down at the sand in between his legs.

His head perks up, "I told you."

"I'm just..." I lose the capacity to make a cohesive sentence.

"...Confused?" he helps me. "I am too, but what are we supposed to do about it?"

"I don't know," I tell him as I go to sit beside him, but not too close. "Also, I'm sorry for... well, everything. I was kind of-"

He cuts me off, "An ass."

"Yeah, that," I say. "Honestly, I kind of can't believe I'm talking to you, the real you."

My heart practically skips a beat as our encounters finally start to sink in.

"You and everyone else," he laughs it off.

"No, I'm serious," I try to convince him, "I'm like really freaking out right now."

"It's not as if I'm an alien," he says.

"Goddddd," I elongate my word, "I've been dreaming about this moment, or really the moment we met, since the first time I saw you on TV. I screwed it up, didn't I?"

"I don't even know who you are," he grins, "how am I supposed to know if you've screwed it up or not? This could be your normal you. I can't judge you if I don't know you."

"Oh my god," I turn away to say to myself.

"What are you doing?" he laughs at me.

"Am I dead?" I ask him. "Is this heaven?"

"I don't think so," he says, "although, I guess if heaven felt like anything, this might be it."

I turn to him, "Really?"

"That's what I'm assuming," he replies. "We're on my favourite beach."

I look out over the water that goes on forever, boats sailing out in the distance and the distinct sound of Seagulls chirping away.

"It's beautiful," I say.

"When I can," he starts, "I like coming here with my family."

"Where are we?" I question him.

"Florida," he answers, "Naples."

"I've never been," I tell him.

He smiles, "I'll have to take you then."

"You would take me on your family vacation?" I ask somewhat worried about his thinking. "It's like you said, you don't even know me."

"Well then," he smirks as he leans back in the sand on his forearms, "who are you?"

"A huge fan of you," I gesture towards him.

"I want to know literally anything else," he says.

"What's the point?" I reply. "I'm one of the millions of girls out there who thinks you're incredibly hot," I barely catch my words as I say them.

"Well, if we're going to keep meeting like this, I want to get to know you."

I try to pretend like I didn't say what I just said, "Are you sure about that?"

"Yeah," he nods.

"Um, okay then," I stumble over my words, "I'm an artist."

He smirks, "So, will you draw me like one-"