Epilogue.

Noah.

I felt like I was lost for so long, the darkness consuming me whole, but it also felt like it could have only been seconds.

I start to hear the sounds of birds and wind in the trees flow above me, and I make the choice to finally open my eyes.

My cheeks turn red as I can feel eyes well up with tears, and for the first time, I think they're tears of joy.

The sky is the most beautiful colour of blue I have ever seen and I can feel the green grass from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet.

I use my arms to push myself up to get a better look at my surroundings. 

The willow tree is just off to my left, the dock and the lake are in front of me... but I'm...

"Noah?" I hear the one voice I thought I might never hear again.

I turn my head in his direction. He's standing on a porch in front of a house I've never seen before, but I couldn't care less because he's here.

"Ro," I almost cry as I get up and sprint towards him.

I jump into his open arms and bring him close so that I can kiss him again. His lips are just as I remembered, but at least this time we don't have to stop.

With my hand, I push him back up against the front door without parting even once. 

He eventually takes a moment and stops, "I love you."

"I know," I say as I give him another kiss, "now open this door."

He smiles at my request and he turns to the house in order to follow through with it.

"Wait," I stop him before he can walk inside.

"What is it?" he questions me. "We're safe here, I know it."

"I know we are," I tell him, "I just-"

"You can tell me anything," he says.

I take a step closer to him and put my hand on his chest as I meet his gaze.

"Will you marry me?"