24.

Rover.

It's as if we travel through time, my suit changing colour and shape as it turns into a doublet and breeches. When I look ahead, Noah's 1920s dress gets longer and wider as a petticoat keeps it in place. Her waist becomes cinched and her neckline is soft and low.

We're running from the rain until the sun starts shining and the brick wall transforms into a stone fence. The path we had been going downturns to emerald green grass and an open courtyard.

Noah trips over the hem of her dress, sending us flying to the ground and staining my knees. We're both grinning from ear to ear, laughing at our ineptitude and untimely fall.

I turn onto my side as she stays lying on her back and I kiss her. I don't know if I can ever stop. To think I've spent my whole life not knowing this kind of love existed, I can never let go of this dream.

Her hands cup my face as she moves me so that I'm on top of her. She arches her back and I pull her close to my chest. Her lips are gentle but untamed and they keep my whole attention on her.

I wonder if we'll go farther, I can't lie that I want to. I want her to be my first.

"Noah!" a deep voice shouts.

"Rover!" a higher voice shouts too.

We immediately look up.

"Dad?" she questions.

"Aunt Olivia?" I add.

I recognize her father from before when we were on that submarine. He's dressed from head to toe in what I can only describe as the most expensive fabric.

My aunt, however, I'm kind of perplexed at her presence which seemingly comes out of nowhere.

"Get up!" she says her face tense in anger.

I look back to Noah, who is just as lost as I am.

"Now!" my aunt commands me.

Not wanting to anger anymore, I do as she says and I make my way back to my feet. I quickly extend my hand to Noah although the adults are clearly eyeing us in disgust.

"You can't be running around like this!" her father speaks up.

My aunt is clearly disappointed when she continues the thought, "What if the other nobles had seen you?!"

"The other nobles..." Noah mouths.

"Yes," her father says, his teeth clenched. "If they found out about this impurity-"

"I'm still a virgin," she's quick to reply.

They're both very agitated by us being together, their ears seemingly about to explode into fire.

"We better not find you two like this again," her father looks down on me.

"Yes sir," I say.

"King," he corrects me.

I can see Noah's eyes go wide as he says the title.

My aunt steps forward to turn me around and walk me back to the large looming castle I had failed to notice earlier. It was definitely old by how the vines covered its highest walls.

"What were you thinking?!" she slaps the back of my head.

"Ow," I recoil. 

"You're not the one who's marrying her," she goes on.

"Marrying?" I question.

I can see her squeeze a fist, "Why do you think we're here? The wedding is tomorrow."

"The wedding?" I say still trying to get the full picture.

"How can you be so careless?!" she yells at me. 

I stop in my tracks, "She is not getting married."

"She doesn't have a choice," my aunt answers.

"Nope," I disagree, "she is not."

"Stop arguing with me," she says sternly.

I can feel my feet tense in my shoes and I pivot and start running back to Noah, but I stop when I notice she's not there anymore.

"Rover!" Olivia angrily calls my name.

Seeing as I have no other option, I sigh to myself before returning to her and enter through the castle doors.

The back entrance is ornately decorated with beams masked in gold leaf. I walk the staircase two steps at a time, yet only get halfway when my aunt continues to berate me.

"Where are you going?" she asks.

"Somewhere," I tell her plainly as I continue along my way.

I don't think I've ever experienced my aunt like this while I was growing up. Not once has she raised her voice at me, but why does she do this here?

I have no idea where I'm going, I'm kind of just rushing down every hallway, climbing up stairs and searching different rooms. At the end of one of the hallways is a spire with stairs reaching up to who knows where, but what else is there for me to do.

The stone steps are narrow to the point where the balls of my feet barely have enough room. I'm maybe a floor up from where I started, but I hear another set of clicking footsteps coming down. I don't have time to change my mind when I'm startled by the large shift in fabric meeting my gaze.

"Rover!" she excitedly says my name as she wraps her arms around my neck.

"Noah," I'm glad to see her again.

She stands up straight again before continuing, "These people are all fucked up."

"Yeah, I've noticed," I say.

"Whoever that is, it's not my dad," she rants.

"My aunt too," I tell her.

"Why would we dream them like this?" she looks for answers.

I shake my head, "I have no idea."

"At least we're alone again," she softens.

"I guess there is a bright side to everything," I smile as I move close to her to give her a kiss.

"Now, apparently I'm getting married?" she says.

Marriage, I'm not going to lie that I'm kind of infuriated by it. No, you know what?! I'm incurably jealous. 

She places her hands on my shoulders firmly, "I say we find out who the guy is, screw around with him for a bit."

I give her a sly grin as I nod.

"Noah?!" someone calls her name from beneath us.

We don't skip a beat in running away.