25.

Noah.

I can hear my heels hit the floor as we run down one of the bigger hallways. All the while, we're giggling our way through it all.

"Noah?!" the voice shouts as it continues to follow us.

We pretty much skid as we turn the corner.

"In here," I pull Rover along to a door.

I don't know where it leads, but maybe we can finally get these people to leave us alone.

I try to shut the door as quietly as I can, Rover does his best to help.

"What are you two doing?" a girl's voice says from behind us.

We slowly pivot to see such a familiar young girl.

"Isla," Rover goes over to his sister.

"Are you sneaking around again?" she asks her arms crossed.

"No?" he replies warily.

"You know, they're eventually going to hang you if you don't stop," she says nonchalantly.

Rover moves back a step in worry, "Jeeze, when did you become so morbid?"

"When Mr. Pickles got run over," she says as we didn't expect such an honest response.

"We never told you about that," he says.

I'm quickly behind him, my hand on his shoulder.

"You're dreaming her," I tell him. "She knows because you let her."

He tilts his head in my direction, "Maybe I should tell her next time I actually see her."

"That might be a good idea before she finds out herself," I say.

"Will you two shut up," the girl's voice rings out. "I don't care that you're in love, or soulmates, or whatever, but don't you dare drag me along into this. I don't want to get in trouble, plus I'm still the favourite child."

I thought Rover was the outgoing one, but clearly, he has some tight competition. For not being related by blood they just seem to be the best of siblings, I guess it doesn't hurt either that they both have that beautiful dark hair.

"Mom and dad will kill you when they hear about this when we get home," she keeps talking.

"They're not here?" he questions her.

"Of course not!" she almost screams. "What the hell would our kingdom do without them?!"

I guess that would explain why his aunt is here.

"Kingdom?" he continues to ask his questions.

"I wouldn't be a princess otherwise," she rolls her eyes. She changes the subject abruptly, "Have you found me a suiter yet?"

Again, with his, "Nope. We aren't doing this."

He moves me towards the door, opens it, and closes it before his sister notices what he's doing. He holds onto the knob as she runs and bangs her hands on the other side trying with all her strength to get it open again. There's a chair not to far away, so I grab it and we place it so that she can't get out of her room.

"Let's just keep going," he says.

"Are you sure?"

"She'll be fine," he tries to wave it off. "She just needs a few minutes to calm down."

I'm just about to say something when a voice calls my name, "Noah."

I glance to see who it is, "Diana?"

She's hot on my trail as she grabs my arm to drag me away.

"You need to go back to your room," she says.

I look back to see Rover, but I don't know what else to do besides shrug in confusion.

"Later?" I say to him silently and he nods.

She practically shoves me into my room, slamming the door behind us.

"Are you out of your mind?!" she scolds me. "You are getting married tomorrow morning!"

"It's that soon," I say to myself.

She undoubtedly hears me, "Of course it is! You can't be out with other boys, it's not right."

Rover.

I watch the moon rise and set as the next day comes about. The sun catches me as it shines right into my eyes. The birds chirp and the wind blows by. And lastly, the bell rings. It's loud but still sounds like its a little while away.

"Oh shit!" I yell at myself. "The church!"

I'm up on my feet in no time running down every hallway to try and find my way out, unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with this castle, let alone any either.

I almost trip over myself as I sprint towards the front entrance just down the stairs. Once outside, I manage to scare a flock of doves as I run over the cobblestone. 

The bell continues to ring a few more times before it stops and I'm worried that I might be too late, but there's no way that I can give up on her.

The church is less than a hundred metres away from me and I push my stamina as far as I can to reach its steps. There's a couple of guards standing out front and I notice one has a small dagger sheathed on his side.

"I hope you don't mind if I borrow this," I say as I grab it and burst through the door.

Noah is just reaching the alter as she looks over to her groom.

"Nick Colton?" I hear her say faintly in bewilderment.

I run down the aisle until I'm about halfway there. Guest fill the rows of seats and the bishop hold a bible at the head of it all.

"Hey, Nick!" I call his attention as everyone turns to look at me.

I only study the dagger for a second before I throw it at him. It lodges itself in his shoulder.

"Dude!" he winces. "What the hell?!"

"Move away from the lady," I tell him.

He's still trying to take in everything that is happening when Noah pushes him away and he goes falling backwards.

"He was too slow," she winks at me.

With no second-guessing, I rush up to her and she smiles.

"I missed you," she says.

"Me too."

She grabs my hand, "Let's get out of here."

We're about to run off, but her dad is there to bar us from leaving.

"Stop this!" he says strongly with his brows furrowed. 

"Let's just dream them all away," she reacts.

I close my eyes to try and concentrate and I can sense her breathing heavily. It's gone quiet, and I wait just a little longer.

We both open our eyes at the same time.

They're all still here.