Chapter 29

Paris's POV

"So," I sigh, causing Natalie to turn to me and smile. It takes her a moment to peel her eyes off of our father, who is beat boxing with Prince across the room. "what do you want to do when you get out of here?" my little sister shrugs and looks around the room.

"I don't know," Natalie says, tilting her head back and forth. She finally looks at me - her cheeks turning red when she notices that I had not taken my eyes off of her once. She's still a little bruised up, but healing, nonetheless. 

"I wouldn't suggest going to Golden Corral." my grandfather says a little too loud. Everyone's face flushes with amusement. I shake my head and turn back to Natalie, whose smile fades before everyone else's. She puts her head down before everyone completely calms down and I place my hand on her knee. Tears fall out of each of her eyes the second she looks up at me.

"Oh my God, Nat." I say in a quiet tone, pulling her into a hug. She doesn't move to hug me back, but I don't blame her.

"I was so stupid," Natalie sobs. "I could've ruined everything, I could've died, it's my fault I'm so stu...pid." she stutters between words and I shake my head. Within seconds everyone is crowding around her bed, wrapping their arms around each other in a tight group hug.

A few moments later, Taryn and Blanket walk into the room, and everyone scatters. 

"What's going on?" Taryn asks worriedly, staring at Natalie with her face down on her hands. I look over to Blanket who looks at me with a questioning expression, and I sigh, looking down, then up again. The two quickly walk over to Natalie's bed and the room falls silent once again.

From the corner of my eye, I see my dad appear and grab Taryn by the elbow next to me. The two of us look up at him simultaneously as he motions for Taryn to step aside with him. Nobody else notices because they are too busy trying to cheer up Natalie.

"She's having memories." dad whispers. Either I have great hearing, or my dad is not very good at using a quiet voice. 

Taryn's face falls, and she is clearly trying to hold back tears. My dad sniffles and brings his bottom lip under his teeth. He stares at the floor as he speaks again.

"She's gonna be getting these for the rest of her life. She's gonna need therapy."

I watch as a single tear falls from Taryn's eye and my dad steps forward, pulling her in for an embrace. She hugs him back - squeezing him tightly. I had not seen this much affection between the two of them since they were together, and that makes me happy.

My father and Taryn had the world's best relationship. They loved each other consistently and unconditionally. Prince and I actually used to call her 'mommy' because that's how she treated us - like we were as much of hers as Natalie and Blanket. Since Prince and I know our real mother, we can tell the difference.

I love my birth mother, but Taryn will always be one step ahead for me. I don't know about Prince. He doesn't really like spending time with her like I do. I mean, ever since our dad left, I longed for that child-parent relationship. Therefore, I reached out to the public, and to my surprise, my birth mother, Debbie Rowe, stepped forward.

Growing up, my father had never really talked about Debbie. To us, she was just another woman that worked with my father. There were lots of them. The four of us had always thought that we all came from the same two people, and when we found out that we didn't, we were very upset. 

Now since our whole family is back together, Blanket and Natalie have both halves of their DNA is the same room at all times, making me, and Prince, even though he won't admit it, a little jealous.

I sometimes wish that Prince, Blanket, Natalie, and I came from the same two people, but I realize that I am lucky enough to have Blanket and Natalie as my siblings at all. Better half than nothing, I always tell myself.

"Don't be upset," I hear Blanket say, and turn back to Natalie. "you're gonna be going home really soon. Like, two days, soon." I smile and Natalie looks up at me.

"He's right," I agree, nodding. "it'll be in no time. And then we can get to know each other and hang out even more, and..." I pause and smile. "It'll be great."

Natalie nods, wiping a tear from her own cheek and smiles. 

"Can't wait for that. I'm sick of this place." she says quietly. 

Blanket and I nod, agreeing with her. I know what it's like to be kept in a place you don't want to be. And besides, who could really blame her?

(One more chapter to go, guys! The Return journey has been amazing so far and you guys have been such fantastic readers. I am so thankful for all of you, your feedback means the world to me! There's so much more in store, so stay tuned! Okay, I should probably save this for the last author's note in the next chapter, but I just wanted you guys to know how much I love you all! And MJ ROCKS!!<3 )