𝑜𝑛𝑒

⋆◦★◦⋆

⋆◦★◦⋆

lydia robbins walked through the door of the newly minted seattle grace/mercy west hospital to get ready for her first day back at work. lydia had taken a leave of absence for a few weeks since she had just had a baby. the woman walked up to the coffee kiosk and bought her morning coffee. she made her way to the resident lounge where she saw izzie and made her way to say hi.

"izzie!" the brunette called excitedly running to hug the pixie haired blonde.

"lydia!" the blonde squealed. izzie stood up and hugged her friend.

lydia put her bag in her cubby next to meredith's and put her scrubs on.

"how's baby emily?" izzie asked the girl.

"she's perfect, except she barely sleeps, but that's expected." lydia told the blonde girl.

izzie noticed the bags under lydia's eyes and figured they were from the baby.

"god, every time i see you i feel awful about emily. so again i'm so sorry." lydia said, sitting on the bench next to izzie.

"stop feeling bad!" izzie hit lydia's arm lightly. "yeah we were together but i had a tumor and it was making me crazy. never apologize for having emily, i love her so much."

lydia always felt bad because she slept with alex when izzie was having hallucinations of denny. lydia and alex got drunk and spent a night together which resulted in baby emily. when izzie found out, she wasn't mad, she was actually happy that her friend was going to have a baby.

suddenly a small redhead with a pixie haircut put her stuff in george's cubby and immediately felt sad about the man's passing.

"oh, hey. you can't put that in there." izzie told the girl, who lydia assumed was from mercy west.

"oh, they told us to grab a cubby," the girl said innocently, looking at izzie.

"yeah, i know. it's just...we keep it empty for a reason." lydia told the new girl.

"can you just take your stuff out? there are some empty ones over there you can use." izzie asked politely.

the girl looked over to where izzie pointed out and said, "i don't think so."

"can you please?" lydia asked again.

the brunette girl next to the pixie looked at izzie and lydia, silently judging them.

"i said take it out." izzie commanded the red head.