𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒

⋆◦★◦⋆

⋆◦★◦⋆

thanksgiving eve

it was the day before thanksgiving and lydia was on her sister's service with lexie. all she could think about was that it was her first thanksgiving with mark. she was excited but also nervous. callie and arizona were joining them too and for that, lydia was grateful.

lexie and lydia were examining a young boy with a nosebleed.

"when did the bleeding start?" lydia asked the boy's parents.

"this morning. he's had these before. i just... i've never seen a nosebleed go on like this." the boy's mother told the doctors.

"there's blood on timmy, mom." said the little boy.

"mr. and mrs. jacobsen, can i see you?" derek asked.

"go ahead. we'll be fine." lexie said to the jacobsen's.

"nicholas has what is called an arteriovenous malformation." derek told the parents.

"it's a cluster of tangled blood vessels in his brain. it's what's causing the bleeding." arizona said.

"in order to stop the bleeding, we need to remove it." derek told them.

"y-y-you mean like brain surgery or..."

"i'll do everything i can to protect the brain tissue and minimize damage." derek explained.

"i'm sorry. i know it's scary. but we have to go in right away." arizona said.

lexie and lydia left the room and went down to the pit. the two girls a=saw mark talking to a blonde girl and decided to walk over to them.

"and, um, i'm pretty sure you're my dad." the unknown blonde said.

lydia's eyes widened as she looked at the two, then around the room at everyone else's reactions. to say she was shocked was an understatement. She looked at lexie and the younger brunette looked back at her with her jaw dropped.

lydia walked backwards until she turned around and walked over to callie.

"um, should i offer up a paternity test?" lydia whispered to her friend.

"i'll go get the materials." callie whispered back, walking off to get the tubes for the test.

lexie brought the blonde girl and mark into an empty conference room for them to talk.