𝑓𝑖𝑣𝑒

⋆◦★◦⋆

⋆◦★◦⋆

lexie, lydia, and cristina walked down the hallway proudly. lexie and cristina looked at each other and smiled. lydia let out a light laugh since she knew both of her friends were wearing diapers. lexie and lydia kept walking and owen pulled cristina away.

the surgery started and lydia was excited to be apart of something so memorable.

"okay. i've gotten the plane. ready to make the first cut." derek said.

lydia heard some footsteps and turned around to see mark walking into the o.r.

"i heard you needed some support." he said.

"you need people to talk to-experienced surgeons. and you can't say no to me because i'm in charge, and this is what i'm prescribing." lexie told the neurosurgeon.

"thank you, dr. grey. okay, let's start." derek said. "making the first cut."

the monitor started beeping and everyone looked over to see why.

"what, did you-you paralyze him?" jackson asked.

"no. one vessel down." derek told him. "settle in. we have many more to go."

lydia looked over at lexie, then at mark and she sighed knowing how long the surgery was going to take.

⋆◦★◦⋆

"i've cleared a path at t-5. and if i continue along this plane, i-." derek started, but the monitor started beeping erratically.

"m.e.p. tracing's losing amplitude. what just happened?" mark asked studying the monitor.

"a vessel burst. it might have been connected to the cord." derek told him.

"but if there's not enough blood reaching the cord-" lexie started.

"i could've just paralyzed our patient, yes. suction please." derek finished for her.

"easy. careful. more suction."

"there's too much blood." lydia said, looking at the patient.

"we're losing him." mark said.

"i should've just cut the cord. this is too risky." derek said, doubting his work.

"wait. it's back. amplitude's up." mark said.

"so the cord didn't stroke out? you didn't paralyze him?" lexie asked.