𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

⋆◦★◦⋆

⋆◦★◦⋆

later that day, lydia was in the nicu with her sister, checking up on the baby they delivered yesterday.

"what's yours in for?" bailey asked from the opposite side of the room.

"delivered her yesterday." lydia told the woman.

"stroked out ten weeks premature." arizona explained to bailey.

"yours?" lydia asked.

"born with its insides on the outsides. two days post-op. resilient little guy." bailey said.

alex walked up to the two sisters as lydia started talking to him. "more bleeding overnight."

"should we try f.f.p.?" alex asked.

"at this point, we should try anything. get me a repeat m.r.i and page me if she becomes bradycardic or starts having apnea spells. i'll be on rounds." arizona said walking away. she turned around. "oh lydia, come with me."

they made their way to wallace's room in no time to see the little boy in his bed with his eyes closed.

"is he still sleeping?" arizona asked quietly.

"no." the boy answered.

"he had a bad night." his mom told the doctors, getting up from her spot in a chair next to her son's bed.

"i can still go on rounds. i feel better. just give me a second." he said weakly, trying to get up.

his mother looked up at the doctors in front of her and shook her head no, signaling she didn't want her son going on rounds.

"you know what? how about if you just take a rest for now and then you can join me for evening rounds instead?" lydia told wallace.

"okay." he sighed sadly.

lydia felt bad for wallace but knew that he needed rest in order to feel better.

"he listens to you two more than he does to me." mrs. anderson said.

"well, yeah. they're doctors, mom. and you're just... well, a mom." wallace told his mother.

"hey, wallace, i'm a doctor, and a mom." lydia told the boy, putting a hand on his arm.

he smiled up at her.

"well, how about you close your eyes and you let me do what moms do, okay?" mrs. anderson told her son. "bad dreams, bad dreams, go away. good dreams, good dreams, here to stay. bad dreams, bad dreams, go away. good dreams, good dreams, here to stay."