𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

⋆◦★◦⋆

⋆◦★◦⋆

lydia has been home with a crying, sick baby for a few days and she's missed a lot of work but her friends have all helped her out. she heard that april kepner had been fired and she was actually really upset about it.

she made her way to work when she saw derek, isaac, and a giant spinal tumor.

"woah that's a huge tumor." lydia said, walking into the room. she looked at the scans in deep thought and didn't know how derek would be able to operate on it.

"these are my scans. the tumor is mine. i'd like you to take it out. i'd like you to try. one doctor said it was bad circulation, another one, pinched nerve. but when the pain started to interfere with work, I decided to run an m.r.i. on myself." isaac said.

derek's pager beeped. "isaac, has i known it was your scan i wouldn't have..." derek started.

"i have been to every doctor derek. every time, it's the same thing. they look at the tumor and they're defeated. but not you. you were inspired. that's why i knew i was right to come and work here. i needed to meet you." isaac said to derek.

lydia thought everything isaac was saying was very empowering. there was no way derek was gonna say no.

"you got a job here to meet me?" derek asked him.

"i have researched every neurosurgeon in this country. i know their statistics, i know who wins the most prizes, but I also know who takes the most risks. that's you." isaac said to derek.

lydia was just watching the conversation unfold. she had no reason to be there. she didn't have anything to do though so she wanted to stay and listen to the two men.

"isaac, i know you believe i can take this tumor out, and i wish i could. but this surgery will kill you." derek said to the man sadly.

isaac didn't give up. "take the scans. look them over. but stop your mind before the part where it gets to 'no.' think 'yes.'"

cristina walked into the room and lydia waved to her.

"shepherd, i've been paging you. shunt patient in o.r. two." cristina said to him. lydia got her attention and pointed to the massive tumor on the wall. "screw the shunt. let's operate on that."

derek took cristina, lydia, and isaac to the m.r.i. room to give isaac an m.r.i and they met up with mark in the process. something lydia thoroughly enjoyed doing.

see, lydia and mark had this unofficial thing going on. they weren't a couple, but everyone thought they were. lydia wanted to be an official couple with mark but didn't want to break what they had going on.