𝑡𝑤𝑜

⋆◦★◦⋆

⋆◦★◦⋆

lydia and lexie were rolling the criminal into a new room and lydia saw that lexie was distracted by april. to be honest, lydia was as well. she didn't want april to take her spot at seattle grace/mercy west. she needed this job to support her and emily.

they stopped walking and the criminal started talking to the two surgeons. "you gonna fight back at some point? or just let her bury you?"

"she's not burying us." lexie said to the man.

"she's new. she's just finding her footing." lydia said, trying to be kind.

"she found her footing on the back of your neck."the burglar said, laying on the gurney.

"what do you care?" lexie asked the man.

"i don't know. I like you two." he said looking at the girls.

"find her open window. everyone has one. a weak spot, undefended. an open window or a key hidden in a fake rock." he told them.

"yeah, well, you're a criminal, and we're not." lydia told the man. she was not about to commit a crime against april kepner.

"it's not a crime to do to her what she's doing to you." he said.

"which is what, exactly?" lexie asked, wanting more information.

"making you look like an idiot." he told her. the girls looked at april and felt angry.

a few minutes later they rolled the man, whose name they now knew was billy, into a new room.

"with this kind of injury, there is a chance that you could end up with severe weakness in your legs." lydia told billy, reading from his chart.

"that's okay. i carry the stuff out with my arms, not my legs." billy said, and lydia let out a quiet laugh. lexie looked at her in disapproval.

"this is serious, billy." lexie told him.

"you're gonna fix me up fine. listen, i've got a present for you." billy said, reaching into his blanket for something. lydia realized billy took out april's notebook.

"you stole her notebook?" lydia exclaimed.

"keep it down. you want my cop all over this? don't you get it? this is her open window." he told them.

"we don't want her open window." lexie told him.

"you're not just a good doctor. you're a great doctor. you are the future of medicine. only you can keep you down. and my favorite is, uh no one can tell it's plastic surgery." billy read april's personal thoughts from her notebook.