𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

⋆◦★◦⋆

⋆◦★◦⋆

the next day, lydia made her way down the hall with callie and mark, stopping in front of dr. bailey.

"hey, is your trauma patient stable for skin grafting?"

"the one with the pancreatic duct rupture," callie continued off of mark.

"hey can i scrub in?" lydia asked mark, the latter looking at the girl and nodding his head.

"miranda." everyone turned their heads at the voice, watching adele, the chief's wife, walk over to them.

"oh, adele," bailey greeted her. "oh, i'm so sorry. i sent the chief into surgery. do you want me to-."

"what i want is for you to tell me the truth," mrs. webber stopped for a second, then continued. "are you having an affair with my husband?"

callie looked at her friends confused, lydia's eyes widened, and marks head turned to the side.

"i am not having an affair with your husband." bailey told the woman.

"i saw the way you handled him just now."

"i did not handle him," bailey laughed, nervously. "there was no handle—we work together."

lydia thought that didn't matter, lots of people in that hospital get together.

"you spend every waking moment together. you finish each other's sentences. you read each other's minds. you're more married to that man than i am." adele told the woman.

"yeah, but that's just because they're husband and work-wife," lydia told adele, walking toward the two women.

"excuse me?"

"the chief's your work-husband, and you're his work-wife. you look out for each other. you take care of each other. there's nothing wrong with it. it's like me and sloan or lydia and alex." callie bounced off of lydia.

"excuse me?" mark asked callie.

"nobody's talking to you," she told mark. "he's my work-husband, but he has a girlfriend, lydia over here, and i have a girlfriend, but there's nothing going on between us."

"i mean, there was at one point..." mark started.

"you're not helping." lydia told him, putting a hand on his arm.

"neither one of you are helping," bailey snapped. "adele, i promise you, there is nothing going on."

"something is going on, because he hasn't been in his bed all week." adele said.