𝑠𝑖𝑥

⋆◦★◦⋆

⋆◦★◦⋆

it was the middle of the night and both lydia and emily were sleeping when lydia's pager went off resulting in both emily and lydia waking up. emily started crying and lydia got up to look at her pager. the woman got up and took care of her baby before taking care of herself.

lydia met arizona and callie in the living room and they all walked out to the car together. lydia put emily in her car seat and arizona drove them to the hospital. once they got there, lydia got out first and immediately took emily to day care and met arizona and callie downstairs with owen.

"robbins squared, karev's with your patient in trauma two." owen said and with that arizona and lydia made their way there.

lydia went on the other side of alex and started the ultrasound.

"car accident. head c.t. showed a subdural. shepherd's coming in. baby's in distress. o.b.'s on its way." alex said to them.

"oh, it hurts. it really hurts." the patient moaned.

"ok, wait. hold on. stop. move the wand up." arizona said and moved lydia's hand up.

"what?" lydia asked.

"okay, baby's brain is hemorrhaging. she needs a crash 'c' while shepherd handles the bleed. get ready to grab a rail and start running." arizona told the residents.

alex, arizona, and lydia, started pushing the patient to the o.r. when they almost ran into callie and her patient.

"...meet me in the o.r." lydia heard callie say.

"oh, whoa, whoa, whoa. we need the o.r." arizona told callie, pulling the bed right up next to callie's.

"well, we need it, too. we're already on our way." callie said.

"there's only one o.r. prepped this time of night." lydia explained.

"which is why we need it." callie said, still pushing her bed.

"mines got a subdural." arizona bargained.

"fifty broken bones." callie countered.

lydia internally cringed.

"stroke in the womb!" lydia shouted.

"oh!" callie gasped because a door suddenly opened and a nurse popped out.

arizona pushes faster and overtook callie and owen and made it to the o.r. the patient screamed and moaned.