The Trial (4)

Ivan could not even look around before he was shoved into a chair by his assailants. The chair itself was a well made wooden chair with a padded seat. It was lit by a single bulb making a spotlight on him. Now he was surrounded by a crowd of what looked to be teen who seemed eager to see the Slavic nation. An impatient and sharp toned voice sliced through the silent darkness.

"Would you all stop with the prodding? We are on a tight schedule and scaring him is not on it. Let's get this show on the road."

This was followed by the flick of a switch. The lights came on afterward and showed a crescent-shaped table with fourteen chairs around it, each labeled with a name. Now Ivan could see the identity of the teens surrounding him.

After a moment of whispers and stares from the group, a Teenage girl stepped in front of the group. She was taller and seemed more mature than the others. Her hair was in a short bob with her bangs covering up her left eye. She shared her hair color with Alfred. With a quick stare from her, the others moved to their respective seats that seemed to have the youngest on the ends with the oldest in the middle.

She stared at Ivan analyzing his every detail before speaking once again.

"So you are Ivan. Huh." The teen was in a black suit, her piercing sapphire eyes staring into Ivans amethyst ones. "We-" She motioned to the rest of the teens behind her, "Are the Council of Thirteen." She turned to one of the shorter boys in the group as she went to the last empty chair in the middle.

"Riley, would you like to read Mr. Braginski's charges?"

"Charges?" Ivan asked, which no one paid mind to as they awaited the teenage boy to read.

"Ivan Braginkski, also known as the personification of Russia, you are being accused of; Conspiring with younger states, Evading neutralization, Insulting papa, hurting or giving away a present state, Going to war with Papa, And trying to wedge himself into our family, especially with papa. How do you plead ?" Ivan was shocked, to say the least.

"Not Guilty? What is this? A Trial?" He was offended and annoyed that a bunch of brats were supposedly putting him on trial, not to mention the ridiculous charges.

"That's exactly what this is. Daniel will be representing you in this, while I will be the acting prosecutor ." The familiar female England clone spoke, her similarly icy tone spreading through the room.

The teen from the beginning who seemed to be the leader stood from her seat spoke up once again " As the President of the council, I, Diane D.C Jones will oversee this trial. We will start out with opening words from both sides before the constructive and cross-examinations, we will take a ten-minute break before coming to a verdict. Penn, who's turn is it for defense and prosecution. " Diane sat down and the attention changed to a girl who was next to Diane. The new teen or 'Penny' , as her chair's name tag said, looked over a paper. She reminded the nation of Prussia, her white hair and pale skin was similar but it was her eyes that hit it home. Her ruby eyes skimmed through the paper before she responded with a german-like accent and a snarky tone.

"It'z Daniel and Allizen rezpectivly ,Dee" With that, she sat and Daniel rose. He walked around to Ivan before turning to the others. When he spoke his thick New York seemed to leak from his words.

" Whether my client is actually guilty we must think of a bigger picture. We shouldn't worry about what he did in the past but what he is most likely to do in the future. Let's face it. We all saw Pops' smile when he came home with Ivan. Pops was SO happy. We can't forget that he comes before us when it comes to happiness. Regarding the first few charges, Ana and Nik were so excited about him even when they REMEMBER him from before. They should be the best example of having a right to have a grudge for that kind of thing. However, they haven't been in anything lower than cloud nine since they met him again. Plus, Ivan didn't know what a neutralizer was until 10 minutes ago so he didn't have any part in PURPOSELY avoiding it. Lastly about him wedging into our family—