Oh Maple! (5)

=Thursday Morning December 10=

Ivan had been early to the meeting as usual and like usual Alfred had been late. However, the two rode there together. Ivan had gone in right away and Alfred had then hid and waited to enter like he did everyday.

Like everyday, as soon as he walked in he was criticized for being a minute or two late. He then went to the podium like normal to start the introductions. He was happy today, much happier and it was genuine, so when he got up to the stand he was smiling brightly. The smile didn't show how tired he was and It was better than any other smile he had smiled in a while. Once the speeches started however, that's when the storm hit. He had prepared a decent plan, this was on a topic that he took very seriously.

"So for a solution for equality between peoples, I believe that we should-" Alfred was soon interrupted by his former care-taker.

"Yes, yes , a huge hero or something. Can you just let some of us present our ACTUAL solutions?" There were some snickers and calls of agreement among the other nations.

Alfred was honestly barely functioning with how little sleep he had gotten, and in times like these his temper grew dangerously bipolar. In seconds his once bright mood turned sour. His filter was too sleep deprived to function right now so when he began to speak he didn't even think about it.

"You know what Limey? Normally i would make a joke right now, or yell that I'm a hero but I'm so F***ing tired right now, I can't help but want to punch you. For once I had an actual presentation ready as this topic is the foundation of my country. So yeah, go ahead and mock me. It's not my fault when you end up on the floor." His tone was low and every syllable was dripping with venom. His usually warm and vibrant sky blue eyes were icy and cold. His smile was gone.

The air in the room seemed to go cold and fearful. The former caretaker didn't get the hint to shut his mouth obviously as he began to mock the younger nation more.

"Sorry, did i strike a nerve- '' England didn't get to finish as Alfred's fist made contact with the others face sending him across the room and to the floor. America began to give off an aura similar to Russia's but much darker.

Arthur moved back to his feet and grabbed his wand with one hand, pointing it at the American. His other hand was holding his now broken nose. Alfred was unfazed by the threat of England's magic, which was something that scared people. Arthur chanted a quick spell before a small burst of light flew at the young nation.

The American dodged it without breaking eye contact with the Brit. Now England was beginning to regret picking a fight with him as Alfred began to walk towards him. The Brit tried other similar spells only for them to be dodged by Alfred. Their eye contact did not break even after they were only inches apart. America's blue eyes, if you could call them that anymore as they had grown grey, stared coldly into Arthur's Emerald ones.

"Ludwig?" He called causing the strict German to stiffen. "You will be in charge of this meeting from here on out. It will proceed as normally as I explained. We will have another meeting tomorrow." The German nodded tensely before the American grabbed his things and left.

Everyone was a mess as the goofy American they always knew had just made even the scariest of them tremble. Once Matthew had processed what had happened he slipped out of the room to follow his brother.

He wasn't the first though as Ivan had almost immediately gone after the young nation. Now the two were side by side as Alfred was ranting to the tall russian next to Alfred's car.

"I am so done. I have had enough of this. I should have listened to Dixie and just not gone!" The fuming American had been so mad he didn't notice his twin coming up behind him. "I swear that as long as I live I'm never letting my boss plan for weeks like this. Weeks where one of my states, my children, need me by their side! I have had a total of 10 hours of sleep this week but God help me if i DARE fall asleep in a meeting then I'm essentially handing them all rights to my personal being. I get an EMERGENCY phone call and they have me put it on speaker. I haven't used code with dixie in like FOREVER!! Then Mattie had to figure out that it was code and all hell breaks loose." The American sighed before a small voice appeared behind him.