Incident (6)

=Friday Morning December 11, Last meeting of the week=

The countries piled into the meeting room, impatience and anxiety filled the air. They had made no progress in the meeting yesterday after Alfred left. Matthew and Ivan disappeared along with him causing more questions, when England and some of the other early bunch got there they noticed that like always the Slavic trio was already in their seats chatting amongst themselves, but there was also a teen sitting in America's spot.

"Uhm.. I think you are in the wrong meeting, miss." The teen looked up, her indigo eyes piercing the English man's emerald ones.

"I'm pretty sure that I'm in the right place, Lobsterback." Her sharp and confident tone cutting through the tension, most of the nations present wore a shocked expression.

Germany cleared his throat, catching the attention of the room.
"Everyone to their seats. We must start the meeting." Everyone did so, wary of the newcomer. Giving an almost invisible smile to Germany Diane moved over to the podium.

"Hello, My name is Diane D.C Jones. I will be representing America in this meeting. Now as for the meeting itself, We will start with any speeches that weren't finished last meeting and then move into the new ones. Are there any questions?" Almost every nation raised their hand. She picked on Italy first, not knowing about his usual questions. The nations were unprepared for the actual question.

"Ve~ Why do you share America's human last name, Ragazza?"

"That is because I am part of his family."

"How can you be related to that git? He's a nation." England cut in.

"Well, I'm am. So just put a sock in it, will you limey. " The nations were silent as they gave amused and shocked glances at each other. No human had ever knowingly spoken like that to a nation. Germany raised his hand before England could blow a gasket and start his lecture. Diane called on him.

"Why are you here instead of America?"

"He managed to get sick from lack of sleep, and so we decided that he should make up lost sleep and have me go to this meeting in his stead."

"Who is this we?"

"The council, we are in charge of-" She was cut off by her earpiece beeping. She tapped it answering the call. Several nations gave an annoyed look as they went and began to talk to each other.

"Hello?..... Okay, Have Daniel go get some more medicine and give it to him after lunch. He is not to leave his room. Have Louis and Caroline make lunch for everyone...... No, she is not allowed to even step into the kitchen... Correct. Not even for tea and scones... Room 106. Yes, I made sure there was plenty ready.... Take care, Bye Collin." She tapped it again and saw the stares of the nations.

"Anyway, America's speech is first." She took out a small stack of papers and read the presentation her father had prepared.

After that, the meeting went very well. There was no arguing or chaos, leaving things to be done as they should. Diane had noticed the almost constant stares she was getting and sent a text to Matthew asking him to take home Ivan since if she did it, it would cause attention. Matthew agreed. Diane had to answer another call around the end of the meeting.

"Hello?... Are you kidding me?! Put him in the basement cell... Tie him to a chair if you have to. I'll punish Al myself when I get home... I'm going to kill that insolent brat!!.. Yeah bye." She hung up with a scowl. Diane hadn't noticed that she had raised her voice causing nations to easily eavesdrop. Of course, the information had caused a few of the more protective nations to grow suspicious.