Chapter 9

Zak POV

What did I even do wrong?

I stomped my way to the door I said one last thing. "FINE BE THAT WAY YOU LITTLE KID." I shouted and then slammed my door so hard it had cracked a bit.

I didn't even do anything, I just wanted some air. Is that just to much to ask for? I can't do anything anymore. This is just retarded. I can't enjoy the things I have the most fun doing. I thought while heading to my bed.

I was deep into thought about everything while laying down. Expressing all my previous emotions from the argument. Maybe I should just kick them out or just run away. Maybe then I'll be able to finally enjoy myself and be happy by myself. Immediately I grabbed my bag and all the necessities like clothes and my phone, charger, wallet, headphones and a portable charger as well.

I'll leave at 4am Vincent should be asleep by then and if he isn't I'll just have to run fast and lose him. Grabbing my phone I clicked on the screen. 12:58 am that's about 3 hours until I leave. Maybe I should grab a pocket knife just in case I have to protect myself. Grabbing it I immediately put it into my pocket for safe keeping and so I wouldn't forget it. Might as well watch something to pass the time.

KING CRIMSON TIME SKIP

It's 3:57 just a few more minutes left I should just leave now. I grabbed my bag and started heading out pf my door slowly down the stairs to the front door. I grab the doorknob and twist it then pull it slow but at the same time fast.

"What the hell are doing Zak?"

3rd Person POV

"What the hell are you doing Zak?" Vincent said with malice so strong you could taste it.

Without turning around Zak spoke with a huge grin. "I'm gonna go out for a bit I'll be back."

"Like I said earlier you aren't gonna leave Zak." Vincent said getting up from the couch. Damn if he makes a run for it I'll never catch him. It's here and now my one and only chance. Vincent thought bitting down on his teeth.

"I'd like to see you stop me." Zak said turning around not with a face filled with a grin, but a face filled with hatred and no other emotions. If I want to escape it will be here and now I can't delay myself being here.

Without a doubt staying there would have definitely decreased my chances of escape. But I can't think about that right now. I don't understand how he can still be chasing me. I ran away as fast as I could. How is his resolve so high.

Zak POV

After some more running I had finally lost Vincent but still kept going taking hard rights, and lefts to make him confused just in case. I don't want to leave but I felt like I had to. I didn't want them to control me anymore.

Vincent POV

"Not again. Why? Why? Why did he do this shit? It's not even gonna do anything, so why?" I thought out loud pounding my fist against an alleyway on the verge of tears. "Why can't I even help him. I'm his friend right? I should be able to help him but he is still running. Even from his own house. So why what did I do wrong to hurt him this much?" I said looking up towards the sky with tears flowing with the abrupt rain that had started falling too.

Even the sky is sad with me too.

Darryl POV

Opening my eyes I had just sat there and stared at the ceiling. I do this almost everyday when I'm too lazy to get up and don't want to move.

It was inevitable I had to get up though, my stomach required sustenance. So I got up and started to make pancakes. I had made enough batter to make six pancakes. 2 for each of us. Might as well make bacon and eggs as well for all of us too.

I pulled out another pan to make the bacon on and like Gordon Ramsey at least I tried. And I had elegantly put the bacon on the pan like I was in slow motion. I had been practicing that for so long to get the elegance to deep into the bacon y'know for rat.

After I had finished cooking the food I had set it all up on plates and put the on the counter. And gave it a warm kiss just like when Spongebob kissed his Krabby Patties he made.

I guess I should wake Vincent and Zak up for breakfast it's already 12. I walked over to Zak's room first and knocked. That's weird he isn't up maybe I should pull the covers off of him. I thought with an evil grin. I always thought that pulling the covers off someone when they sleep is an act of sin. But who cares he needs my delicious food.

I opened the door to see nothing there. Zak wasn't there and so wasn't some of his stuff. He took his covers and pillow. Maybe he wanted to go sleep outside and watch the starry night. Wait that can't be it. It rained last night. I need to ask Vincent.

Walking over to Vincent's room I knocked at the door. No answer either. I should still check his room to see if his stuff is gone too. I opened the door to see a figure in the bed so I woke him up.

Third Person POV

"Wake up baguette I made breakfast." Darryl said nudging Vincent trying to gently wake him up.

"No, it's fine I'm not hungry at all. Thank you though." Vincent said turning away from Darryl.

"Alright but make sure you get some food though, also where is Zak?" Darryl asked politely.

If I tell him the truth then he'll leave to and it'll be harder to find him. Maybe I should just make up an excuse. "Oh uhmm...he said that he was just gonna go visit his family." Vincent said stuttering from sheer pressure.

"Oh ok well I'm gonna go eat my food. Tell me if you need anything." Darryl said walking towards the door back to the kitchen.

Vincent POV

What should I do? I thought tossing and turning in bed. I should check his room, maybe he left something that could help me know where he went and how I'd be able to find him. Getting up from my bed I immediately headed towards his room but making sure I wasn't to loud to make Bad suspicious.

I approached his door and opened it slowly. I was hoping that it was all a dream and that he hadn't left. But all I saw was a sheet less mattress and a somewhat normal room.

So he must have not taken a lot of things. Like his computer or his mattress. But he took only things that could fit in a bag so he could run. I thought while walking through his room.

There is nothing here that can help me find Zak. I'm so useless. Wait I can't lose hope. Darryl is counting on me! Well maybe not right now because he doesn't know but if he knew he would, I think. I though while scratching my head trying to really think about what I was telling myself. Well I know one thing that is clear. I thought standing up.

"I need to find Zak."