You are ice cold - Raphael Santiago

°°°°°

After your transformation all the warmth left your body and you constantly shiver and feel cold.

Characters involved: You, Raphael Santiago

Trigger warning: none

Request: //

°°°°°

You laid on your side in your bed in Hotel Dumort. Surrounded with darkness, you shivered, the blanket over your body would not warm you up.

You never felt so cold before. There was no single spot in your body that seemed to be warm. Your muscles were tensed and your bones already began to hurt because you have been shivering the past five hours and nothing seemed to help.

Hoping to fall asleep, you kept laying in bed, digging your fingers into the fabric of the sheets. As you let out a hurtful and harassed groan someone  knocked onto the door.

The one didn't even wait for an answer and just opened the door, dipping the room in a fade light. It was Raphael, he stepped towards you, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

'Y/N, are you alright?' He seemed worried.

You shook your head and tried to say that you're cold but your voice was shaking too much. Raphael leaned forward, touching your head and your neck. 'You are ice cold. Sometimes that happens after the transformation. We'll get it under control.'

He stood up again and went away, leaving the door open. Great, first he leaves you while you are suffering, and then he leaves the door open so any other vampire can see it. You close your eyes and try to calm yourself down. As your bed made a creaking sound you opened them again.

Raphael was back. He placed a candle on your nightstand and lit it up, then he closed the door. The flickering of the flame helped you calm down a bit. Raphael placed another blanket over you and lifted them both as he laid a heating pad next to your stomach. You placed a hand onto it and moaned as the heat warmed your cold skin.

You closed your eyes again, still shivering but feeling a lot better. Raphael came a bit closer and brushed a strand of your hair out of your face. 'I hate to see you suffer that much.'

Again you felt the blanket being lifted next to you. You reopened your eyes and saw Raphael right next to you now. You wanted to flinch back, not wanting to seem desperate for the warmth of a person, when he laid one hand behind your back and pushed you closer, closing the distance between you two.

You still wanted to play strong and tried to riot, shaking your head. He smiled and grabbed your hand, putting it onto his chest. 'You are going to feel better. Relax, it's okay. The more you tense your muscles, the worse it gets.'

You decided to give in and relaxed. Raphael put the heating pad to your legs, so nothing was in between of you two and pushed one arm under your head. You turned onto your stomach and looped your own arms around Raphael's. He chuckled and began to stroke your back under two layers of blankets.

After some time he let his hand wander under your shirt. His warm hand on your cold skin of your back felt so good. You let out a deep breath and closed your eyes.

It didn't take too long until the shivering stopped and you entirely relaxed your muscles. His presence felt so good, so secure.

Raphael began to talk to you, still stroking your back. 'That feels better now, doesn't it?' You just nodded, enjoying the fading pain and the spreading warmth.

'You know, I never really felt cold after transformation. I've always been very warm-blooded and I still am. So I don't know what you just went through, but I am there for you when something like that ever happens again and it probably will.' Again you just nodded, your eyes still closed.

Raphael removed his hand from your back and the loss almost made you whimper. Instead, he stroked your head now. Relieved you were able to enjoy his touch some more.

'I am kinda torn on you being a vampire now. On the one hand I feel so sorry for you. You deserved a normal human life but on the other hand I am glad you joined my clan. You fit in here.'

Opening your eyes, you looked at him. If you still had a beating heart it would skip a beat by now. You found your voice again and began to whisper. 'Why should I fit in here? I am by far the youngest and nobody seems to mind.'

His hand stopped stroking, now resting on your pale cheek, brushing it gently with his thumb. 'I mind. And I always will. You belong here and if I say that, I mean it.'

You turned onto your back, Raphael still holding onto you, and simply nodded again. He chuckled. His eyes were so beautiful, you wanted to drown in them.

Feeling a thumb slowly wandering over your lips you gasped and swallowed hard. He leaned down and the moment your lips touched all the remaining cold disappeared. You looped your arms around his neck and he deepened the kiss, making it more passionate. The moment he pulled his face away from yours, you began to smile widely.

'That smile suits you. You should do it more often.'

After another kiss you rested his head on his shoulder, slowly drifting away in a warm and wholesome sleep.