Happy Birthday - Raphael Santiago

°°°°°°°°°°

You are a vampire and live at Hotel Dumort.

Characters involved: You, Raphael Santiago, Simon Lewis, Meliorn, Isabelle Lightwood, Alec Lightwood, Magnus Bane, Catarina Loss

Triggers: none

Request: //

°°°°°°°°°°

Raphael was not only your sire, he was also your best friend. You two went through a lot stuff, including your addiction of blood plasma, his coming out as ace, your general transition that was a mess, Rosa's death... All of that and much more within the last decades.

So for sure you had a reason to celebrate his birthday together with his old friends and some of the new ones.

He was on a clan meeting before midnight and told you, right before he left, that he does not want anyone to know that it's his birthday in some hours.

Raphael hated his birthday. He said that it was way too much work to set up a party, pretend to be nice to people he doesn't even like, to interact with possibly the nephilim and Magnus' birthday presents apparently were weird.

But that didn't stop you from calling Magnus Bane (+ Alec Lightwood as extra), Catarina Loss, Simon Lewis and Isabelle Lightwood ( + Meliorn as extra). They all found some time for 1am to come to the Dumort and celebrate his birthday.

You set up Raphael's and your private living room, decorated it with black and dark red balloons filled with helium, fancy glasses and all kinds of alcohol (and blood).

You even prepared some mexican snacks, knowing that neither Raphael or you could eat them, but you knew that he loved the smell of it whenever you two cooked for the elderly home.

"Do you need any help with the preps?" A voice appeared behind you. It was Magnus, Alec next to him, holding onto his hand.

You grinned at the couple and shook your head. "Nah, I'm finished. Take yourself what you want and have a seat. Thank you for coming."

Magnus smiled warmly. "Of course. We're happy to be here. But beware: Raphael won't be as happy. He hates his birthday. We got him a present. I'll put it onto the coffee table over there."

Just yet you saw the glittery package in his hand. Nodding you turned around. Just in the right moment: Izzy and Meliorn arrived.

Izzy immediately came towards you and hugged you tight. "It has been sooo long since I've been here. Thanks for inviting us." I introduced them to the party room, told them to eat, drink, sit down, whatever they want.

Simon was the next one to show up. "Y/N, you know, it sucks being single." He said while watching Meliorn and Izzy from a save distance. He secretly had a crush on the brunette but well, she had a boyfriend. There's nothing you could do to prevent it.

He poured himself a blood of B negative and sat down next to Alec, who was seemingly annoyed.

Catarina was the last guest who appeared. You only knew her in her nurse gown, so you most certainly were surprised to see her in a glittery black dress. It was probably Magnus who gave her the fashion advice and to be honest: he was on point. She looked stunning.

Over the years Catarina started to take over the role of a mother for you. Being transformed at an early age wasn't easy and Catarina helped you through a lot.

She hugged you tight and placed a kiss to your cheek. "It's nice to see you trying to cheer your loverboy up."

"Cata, Raphael is not my boyfriend. We're just best friends." You said and rolled your eyes.

"You have some centuries left to realize that that's not true." She chuckled and went to pour herself a refreshing cocktail.

Now only the birthday child was missing.

And all of you didn't have to wait for too long. Around half an hour later Raphael went through the door, seemingly annoyed by the clan meeting.

"If you ever dare to let me alone on a clan meeting again, I will..." He started talking before he realized all of his surroundings and the other people.

"Dios, Y/N. I told you to keep the pretty mouth of yours shut, when it's about my birthday."

Catarina needed to giggle at that choice of words.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" You screamed and opened your arms, awaiting a hug.

He definitely was annoyed but a smile appeared on his face, and he came towards you, wrapping his arms around your waist, squeezing you tight.

After the others all wished him a happy birthday and some glasses of blood and cocktails later, it was time for Raphael to open his presents.

He planted himself on the couch and pulled you next to him.

Raphael started of with Magnus' present. It was a golden ring with a dark red stone in the middle.

Magnus and Alec started to explain. "We know that sometimes you are low on blood because you give everything to your clan members to make sure they drink enough. So I cursed the ring. It it filled with about a hundred portions of blood. Pour water into a glass and throw the ring in it. The water will be turned into your favourite type of blood. Be careful and don't swallow the ring and come to me once it's empty."

The next present to be opened was Isabelle's and Meliorn's. Beautiful glasses with the imprints of leaves and jewels in it. They were handmade and held the ideal portion of blood.

Catarina's present was next. It was an old pocketwatch.

"This used to belong to Ragnor. I found it in an old box that he kept in my basement. I thought you might want to have it." She explained.

Raphael nodded, slightly smiling and being a little sad that his old friend Ragnor couldn't be here, and clipped the golden watch to the pocket of his black suit.

Simon's present was next. It definitely send all the sad vibes away. It was a deck of Starwars cards, just aces to be exact.

"Because you always have an ace up your sleeve. Do you get it? An ace? Because you're..." Simon giggled as Raphael interrupted him.

"Idiota, of course I get it." Raphael leaned closer towards you. "If you ever come up with the idea to throw a party, don't invite him again."

You saw that he was joking due to his bright smile. He enjoyed the night, but was also relieved when it was over some hours later.

Magnus was the last one who left and he was so genuine to clean the entire room with a snap of his fingers.

Raphael and you both went into your rooms and you got dressed into your pajamas, when someone knocked onto your door.

Obviously it was Raphael. He held a present, wrapped in golden wrapping paper, in his hands. "Y/N, which one's is that?"

You smiled. "It's yours from me. I thought you should rather open it up when the others are gone."

He rose his eyebrows and sat down on the rim of your bed. "Is something going to jump at me when I open it? I don't remember ever getting a present from you."

"Just open it." You said and sat down next to him.

Raphael carefully ripped the paper apart and a dark brown book appeared. He freed it of all the paper and opened the book. It was filled with old photo's of his family and friends and letters of Ragnor.

"I needed to use a lot of Encanto to get all of these. Good that I had a pretty talented and patient sire." You explained and laughed slightly.

"It's heartwarming. Thank you. But it's not my favourite present I ever got." He said.

You looked down onto your feet and felt a bit ashamed. "Yeah, I guess it's not a bloodring or..."

He interrupted you. "You're my favourite present. The moment the downworld gave you to me, it was the day the light came back."