Let them go - Raphael Santiago

°°°°°

You are a vampire and live in New Orleans in the local vampire clan.

Characters involved: You, Raphael Santiago, Marcelos Batori (leader of the clan in New Orleans)

Trigger warning: abuse, blood

Request: //

°°°°°

Here you were, walking behind your sire, Marcelos Batori. Never in front, never beside. You were behind him, a nobody.

You were kept silent, not being allowed to speak or act as long your sire did not tell you anything else.

There was a reunation of vampires in New York and you were really happy that Marcelos let you go with him. Usually you never left your accomodation, an old abandoned storage hall in New Orleans.

Until now you liked New York. It looked a lot more modern than your city.

Sadly you did not have a lot  of time to spend looking around, the Hotel Dumort already came in sight.

The moment you entered it, you could not stop being impressed by how it looked. It was full of beautiful and elegant furniture, dipped in glimmery lights and full of life. Nothing like what you were used to.

You wanted to go further but Marcelos held you back, slamming you against a wall and squeezing your neck. 'Don't you dare to blame me in front of the others. You don't speak, you don't act. Follow me and stay with me where ever I go. Pretend like you don't exist and I'll let you alive.' His voice sounded harsh and full of hate, like always.

He let go and both of you continued walking. Soon a man with dark hair and eyes appeared. You stayed behind your sire, while they shook hands. 'Raphael Santiago, glad to see you.' His fake smile being disgusting like never before. You hated your sire with all your undead heart.

'Batori, I wish I could give that back.' His dark eyes wandered over to you. 'And who is that with you? Your partner?'

Marcelos shook his head. 'Are you kidding me? That's not my partner. Just a flegdling, nothing more.' He saw and named you as a 'It' and over time you actually good used to it.

Raphael looked at you with a pitying facial expression, his eyes full of warmth and harmony. He gave you a fade smile before leading you to the big lounge.

The room was filled with vampires, sipping on blood and talking in all kind of languages. You have never seen something like that and because of all the staring you totally lost track of where your sire is.

The moment you spotted him and wanted to catch up, hoping he didn't notice, he already slapped you across the face. 'Was 'follow and stay with me' too hard to understand for your little mind?'

The night consisted of staying silent, listening to the foreign and unknown languages and always standing behind your sire, expecting a rebuke for losing him once.

A rebuke defintely happened. Mercelos Batori sweared on the fact, that the best blood pumps through a fledgling's veines.

After he almost sucked all the blood out of you, you sat in front of his hotel room, trying to recover. Even for a vampire it was not easy to handle so much blood loss. Your shirt was covered in blood, the bitemarks only fading scars.

You leaned your head against the wall, closing your eyes because you felt dizzy and lightheaded from the blood loss and vampire venom.

You heard steps but decided not to deal with that now. If you talked and Marcelos would find out, tomorrow would be no better.

Pressing against the wall, you hoped the someone would just pass by but no success. 'I thought I smelled blood. Guess I'm right. Your blood?'

You knew the voice and as you opened your eyes you saw Raphael. He leaned down, looking at your bloody shirt and the fading bitemarks. 'Are you alright?'

You remained silent, not couragous enough to speak out. He suddenly grabbed your hand and pulled you up.

The movement was so abrupt, you began to stumble and the world seemed to circle around your head. The strong man wrapped his arms around you. 'Oh no, you are defintely not alright. You should lay down.'

You finally shook your head and wanted to riot, being afraid of your sire. If he found out you were here with Raphael, he would kill you. Clear rules.

'Hush, little vampire. It's alright.' He put one hand below your knees and the other one on your back, lifting you up. You carefully looped your arms around his neck, resting your head on his shoulder, enjoying the secure and protective feeling that he gave you.

He brought you in one of the big living rooms and laid you onto the sofa, placing himself next to you. 'I want you to talk to me about it. He's your sire, isn't he?' You simply nodded. 'And he is cruel towards you?'

You took a deep breath. 'I am just here to serve my sire and protect him with my life.' Marcelos always told you to use that sentence whenever someone asked you something about him.

Raphael chuckled. 'You studied that well. He may be your sire but that does not mean that you are his slave. He's slapping you in public, feeds from you to the maximum and just leaves you suffering in the hallway.'

You avoided his gaze. 'Listen, you can stay if you want. You don't need to do this.'

'Mr. Santiago, I appreciate it. But I can't stay. That would mean war and too much danger for your people.' You tried to smile at him. All you wanted was to stay, but there was no chance.

'Mr. Santiago? Please, call me Raphael. My clan is bigger than his. He would not dare to attack. We'd be happy here if you join us.' His smile was bright and honest.

You sat up and looked at Raphael. 'Are you sure that I can stay?'

He nodded and rose his hand. Out of reflex you flinched back, closing your eyes, expecting a hit. But that hit never came. Raphael just carefully placed his hand on your cheek. 'Nobody is ever going to hurt you again, I promise. Now you get some rest, it's late. You can sleep in my bed and change into one of my shirts. You're full of blood.'

The next night:

'Y/N, I'm going to rip your throat out. I searched for you, just to find you with Raphael Santiago? You will pay for that.' Marcelos said, with an evil grin on your face. 

He came some steps closer but Raphael walked in between you two. 'If you dare to touch her/him, you are the one to pay. She/He belongs here now. Let her/him go.' He literally growled.

More of Raphael's people appeared as he spoke further. 'Would you guys be so nice and show him the way out of the city?'

They grabbed Marcelos and pushed him outside, leaving you alone with Raphael.

You came closer to him. 'I don't know how to ever thank you for what you did.'

Raphael closed the distance between you two. 'There is nothing to thank about. Eternity is a pretty long time and you better choose good people to spend it with.'