That choice sucks - Raphael Santiago

°°°°°°°°°°

You are a nephilim and live in Detroit. Jordan Kyle is your boyfriend.

Characters involved: You, Raphael Santiago, Jordan Kyle

Triggers: none

Request: life-in-PURPLE

°°°°°°°°°°

"Jordan, guess who is in Detroit!" You said to your boyfriend, grinning from one ear to the other.

He looked up from his phone. "I don't know, my love. Who? Tell me." He smiled warmly and pulled you onto his lap.

"Raphael. He got send here by Izzy." You were so excited, Jordan just rolled his eyes.

"What's wrong, J?" You asked curiously.

"I never told anyone, but I really don't like the vampire. May be because I'm a werewolf and you are a nephilim and that pretty much makes a friendship with a bloodsucker impossible. Also, how much do you actually mean to him? He hasn't called one time since we moved here."

He wasn't wrong. You moved to Detroit two months ago and you were always the one to start conversations, calls, etc.

"Don't sell yourself below the price. I don't have a problem with dudes being your friends, but does it really have to be the vampire?" He asked.

"I've known him since I was a little girl. I grew up looking up to him. I won't cut him off, just because you don't like him." You were pissed.

Not only does Jordan talk bad about Raphael all the time, he also thinks that you don't get it.

You decided not to bother for too long and left Jordan alone in the kitchen, got dressed and went outside. It was about dawn, so Raphael should be awake.

It didn't take you too long to find the address where Raphael is currently living. He lived in a small flat in a pretty big house and from the outside you already knew which one was his: The one flat with the thick curtains covering the windows and leaving the sun out.

You went into the building and took the stairs to the 3rd floor. Banging on the door, you smiled into yourself, being happy to finally see your best friend again.

A few moments later you heard a sleepy voice. "Who is it?"

You chuckled. "It's your best friend, vampy."

"Izzy!" The door opened and Raphael stood behind it, clearly in shock.

He sometimes called you other names out of fun, but this time it wasn't, you could see it on his face.

"I am... well, not Izzy. But if you want her to come over, give Magnus a call and he will portal her over." You were hurt. Knowing him your entire life and being best friends for several years and then he calls you Izzy after not calling you for months.

Turning around you wanted to go and escape the awkward situation as fast as possible, but Raphael grabbed your arm and pulled you inside of the flat.

"Hey, I didn't mean it. I'm just tired." He tried to find an excuse.

"Yeah, and being tired is an excuse for mistaking your best friend with a person you don't even know that well." You said, quite salty.

"You don't know what has been going on the last months." He gave back, just as salty as you.

"Hm, yeah and why is that? Oh yeah, because Raphael Santiago decided to not call Y/N for over two months and he barely answered any of the thousands of messages Y/N send out to him." Again you turned around to go, fury inside of you.

"No, you don't go just yet. We need to talk. Give me half an hour to explain everything, okay?" He rose his eyebrows and pulled you towards the black sofa.

You decided to give in and followed. "What is going on? I need answers. What is that with Izzy? It's okay if you two are dating, but I want to know. I'm your best friend."

Raphael took a deep breath. "I was... not feeling too well and Izzy helped me out."

You didn't understand and began to get angrier by the second. "How? Give me explanations, not more questions."

The anger ebbed away when Raphael confessed: "With her blood."

Your mouth dropped open. "You could have told me that something was wrong. Maybe I could have helped."

He shook his head. "Not exactly. You were the reason why I drank it."

"What did I do to you?" Not knowing a possible reason, you were deeply curious about his answer.

"Because you moved away and left me alone." He looked at his feet, tears in the corners of his eyes.

"Raphael, that doesn't mean that I'm not available anymore. I would return for you, no single doubt on that. I've missed you every single day and you barely answering any message didn't make it better." You grabbed his chin and forced him to look at you.

An instant later you felt his lips on yours.

You wanted to give in so badly, but pushed him away and hugged him instead.

"I can't do this with you, Raphael. I have Jordan sitting at home in the kitchen, waiting for my return. I'm not a cheater." You tried to explain.

He buried his face in your neck and shook his head. "Then choose."

"That choice sucks." You admitted with tears in your eyes.

"Choosing always sucks."