Happy New Year - Alec Lightwood

°°°°°°°°°°

You are a nephilim and live in the New Yorker Institute.

Characters involved: You, Alec Lightwood

Triggers: none

Request: MazeCrankQueen

°°°°°°°°°°

"Can we please just stay here and I don't know... Eat pancakes, talk, watch a movie or something else?" Alec sighed like a little toddler.

You rolled your eyes, putting a new shirt on in front of your best friend, Alec. "It's the last day in this year and you know what that means: Balldrop party. You already promised last year to go there with me." You said and watched yourself and his expression in the mirror.

Alec was sitting on the rim of your bed, letting himself fall back. "Yeah, but luckily last year a demon almost killed me, so we spend New Years in the infirmery. At least I didn't have to bother with mundanes."

You giggled. "Don't be so salty. It will be fun. We always have fun togehter when we're hanging out. It'll be bomb. Trust me. And now hurry up. we don't have much time left."

You threw a jacket on and waited for Alec to join you, but he kept laying in your bed. You literally had to drag him outside by using all kind of runes on yourself.

Soon or later you were on your way to the Balldrop in the city centre. You always wanted to witness this event, but going somewhere alone wasn't exactly your cup of tea.

And now you were just happy that Alec joined you. You two have been best friends since childhood, always being there for each other. By his side you could be who you truly are. He never judged, dryed tears, laughed or just lit up the darkness.

Being almost there, Alec stopped walking. "Why are you so fascinated with those mundane things? Let's just go back."

You shook your head. "They are just fascinating. They manage to live without all those runes. They have to ignore emotions sometimes, they get tired easily, they need to study hard... Look at all those things they have to do that are easy for us and a struggle for them. And they still exist."

Alec still stood still. You grabbed his hand slightly and continued walking. He started following. As you wanted to let go of his hand, he just clung to it.

You arrived in the city centre, surrounded by people, being happy that Alec was still holding  your hand.

Squeezing past some mundanes you found a spot where you had enough space. Alec stood behind you. You leaned against his strong chest and he held onto your upper arms, embracing them tight with his hands.

He slowly began to rub over the fabric of your jacket, sending tingles through your body. It felt so different today. But in a good way. You never felt alone with Alec but this night it felt like you were a true unity.

You were looking at the mundanes surrounding you and threw a look onto your watch. Just some minutes till midnight aka New Years.

Counting the minutes to the big moment when the ball drops, you felt Alec laying his hands on your waist carefully. Your heart started to beat faster by his soft touch.

And then the moment came. The ball dropped, sending glittery sparks everywhere, people started cheering, bottles of champagne were opened, hugs and kisses everywhere.

You turned around and looked at Alec. "Happy New Year, Mr Lightworm. I want you to be my first hug this year."

He smiled. "Happy New Year, Y/N. I'm your first hug every year. What about something else?"

You looked at him, not exactly getting what he just said.

"Y/N, I want you to be my first kiss this year. My first kiss in general. Now. Here. Please." He cupped your pretty face with his big hands.

You couldn't stop smiling, the butterflies in your stomach spread to your chest and soon through the entire body.

Alec's face came closer. You were only inches away from each other. Closing your eyes, you were greeted by his soft lips carefully and slowly touching yours. You gave into the sweet kiss. He tasted like pepperment and you knew he prepared for this moment.

After some seconds you separated again. Resting your hands on his chest, you felt his heart beating fast.

"Was ist bad?" He seemed worried. You shook your head. "It was amazing,"

His smile became even bigger. "You know, wouldn't it be nice if you would be my new year's kiss next year too? And the year after that? And the rest of our lives?"

You immedialtly blushed.

"Y/N, do you want to be my boyfriend/girlfriend?" The strong Alec Lightwood seemed so vulnerable right now.

"Of course." You gently stroked over his cheek, he leaned into the touch. After some more minutes you two went back to the institute.

He brought you to your room. "I never thought I'd admit it, but that was the most beautiful evening I could have ever imagined."

You giggled. "It doen't have to end now. Let's watch a movie together and maybe you know... You want to stay overnight? It's cold. I could use some company."

Alec again came closer to your face. As his lips touched yours the kiss turned into a more heated and passionate moment. You stopped when you were both out of breath. "You'll always have my company, Y/N."