It's just a mundane - Raphael Santiago

°°°°°°°°°°

You are a reckless vampire that doesn't care about others.

Characters included: You, Raphael Santiago

Triggers: blood, corpses

Request: //

°°°°°°°°°°

You tossed the lifeless body to the floor right in front of you, liking the remaining blood off your lips.

"You did it again? Y/N, you can't continue like that. It's the second body this week that I have to hide for you. I won't do it again." Raphael, your leader, said and stepped into the room. The scent of blood probably caught his attention.

"It's just a mundane. What is their life worth anyway? They'll die within like 70 or 80 years and their bodies go for waste. I'm thinking economical and wasteless here." You gave back, giggling.

Raphael shook his head. "It wasn't too long ago since you were a mundane. Think about what you just said. Go to your room. Now. I'll hide the body."

You did what he told you. Not because you were afraid of his reaction when you don't do what he told, but because you were too lazy to take the whole body-hiding  over once you refused his orders.

It always worked that way. You'd bring a mundane here, drain him and let Raphael take care of the body.

He was a strong leader but you were his weak spot. He could never bring it over his heart to tell the Clave that you broke the contract. He loved you to much for that.

Out of all his fledglings, you were his favourite. Not because you were better than anyone else, stronger, faster, smarter. He felt more than just a sire-fledgling connection, something even more than friendship.

Obviously you used that for your purposes, of course feeling guilty once in a while, but it worked in a certain line.

You laid onto your bed and threw the covers over your cold body.

A few minutes later someone entered without knocking. You knew it was Raphael. "We need to have a talk."

You rolled your eyes. "If it's about the mundane... The only thing I have left to say is, that he tasted like Chocolate syrup. And I miss chocolate syrup. His death is fine. No family and friends left. What a shame... who wouldn't want to be friends with someone who tastes like Chocolate..."

He interrupted you. "Are you kidding me? That's not a real reason. You killed someone innocent, again. We can't continue like that. I won't manage to hide the deaths anymore."

Raphael grabbed your blanket and ripped it away from you. "What happened to the old Y/N? The one who brought me curly fries with ranch eventhough we couldn't eat it? The one who knocked onto my door at noon because of a nightmare? The one who treated every living being with respect and love?"

You turned onto your stomach and pressed your face into the pillow, not wanting to be reminded of the old you.

"Old Y/N is dead, gone, whatever. I was weak."

He sat down next to you, placing a hand on your back soflty. "No, you weren't weak. You were kind. And still a little human."

Turning your head, you looked at him and the glimmering tears in his eyes.

"Y/N, I love you, but the next time you do something like that, I'll have to inform the Clave. And if you'll be taken away, I'll go with you. I broke the law by letting you do this." He said.

You never thought what consequences your behaviour had on Raphael.

He always supported you in everything you did. He believed in your actions and words and has always been a good sire.

And you fucked it up by not giving the life of a mundane any worth.

"Think about it, my dear." With that Raphael stood up and went away.

Not being able to keep yourself together any longer, tears spillt onto the pillow.

Fucking up is so much worse, when you finally realise the damage you did.