Let's cook - Isabelle Lightwood

°°°°°

You help Izzy to improve her cooking skills.

Characters involved: You, Isabelle Lightwood, Jace Herondale, Alec Lightwood, Magnus Bane, Raphael Santiago

Trigger warning: none

Request: //

°°°°°

Wandering through the institute, you heard shouts from the kitchen.

Being alarmed you ran towards it, hands on both of your daggers that you always carry with you.

But the moment you reached the kitchen and looked into it, you let go of them and started to laugh.

There was Izzy, covered from head to toe in the dough of what should have been cake.

As you came back to breath you giggled. 'Do you have any idea, how much you scared me? I thought something bad happened.'

She gave me a grumpy look but eventually smiled. 'Indeed something bad happened. The cake is ruined.'

You took some steps towards her and wiped some dough off her arm with your index finger, liking it off. Usually you loved cake batter but this was just disgusting.

You swallowed hard and grinned. 'Don't be mad but honestly, the cake would have been horrible anyway. Did you mistake salt with sugar?'

She pointed towards the huge container with white content. 'No, I used the sugar.'

Again you laughed. 'Izzy, that is the salt. It's literally labeled as salt right on top of the container.'

She took a closer look and began to mumble.

'Why did you want to bake a cake anyway?' It was never a good sign when she was at the kitchen.

She sighed. 'I promised it to my brothers. You know, just treat them with something delicious. Guess I can forget about that now.'

You squeezed her shoulder and smiled. 'Don't say that. Let's cook something for them together, don't worry. We can do this.'

You cooked and baked for yourself since you were ten years old, so you were really good in it.

Izzy went to get herself clean and you let the mess in the kitchen disappear.

Looking around the kitchen you noticed, that a lot of the ingredients were used up, so there were not many options. Going shopping would take to long, since Alec and Jace would be back from a conference in less than an hour.

As Izzy came back you decided to make a Mexican Chicken Stew with white rice and for dessert a Chocolate Fudge Cake.

She looked confused. 'But why a stew too? Isn't cake enough?'

You looked at her, not believing what she just said. 'Are you kidding me? You can't just serve cake for dinner.'

You both laughed and started cooking.

You gave Izzy the job to cut up the onions, chicken and tomatoes. Nothing should go wrong with that... You thought.

'Y/N, how am I supposed to cut the chicken? Into cubes or stripes or... I don't know.'

You sighed. 'No, into triangles.' You were busy, finding a big pot and sarcasm was your best ability.

As you came back to Izzy to place the pot on the stove you saw her actually cutting the chicken into triangles.

'Izzy, seriously? That was sarcasm.' You rolled your eyes and giggled.

She continued to cut the chicken in normal cubes. You helped her with the onions and all the other ingridients. While you were cutting up several pieces, she still struggled with the chicken but after all she did not such a bad job.

The stew boiled and you began to bake the cake, giving her all the instructions, sitting down on the kitchen counter.

You loved spending time with Izzy. She has a pure heart and a lot of fun wherever she went.

Just the right timing. The stew and the cake were finished. Jace and Alec entered the kitchen, both with a grumpy impression.

You grinned. 'Was the conference that bad?'

Alec sighed. 'No it was not, but I'm afraid to taste the cake, and as it seems I need to be afraid of a stew too.'

Izzy was placing the dishes on the big table, smiling widely.

'Let's be real, it does not even smell that bad.' Jace looked into the pot. 'And it does not look bad either.'

Magnus appeared in the doorframe, knocking it, Raphael behind him. 'Alexander, you didn't tell me someone cooked.'

Alec looked at his boyfriend with a worried glaze and shook his head. 'Don't do it, my love. Run. Run, as long as you can.'

Izzy screamed out. 'First of all, stop being so mean! And secondly, Y/N helped.'

Alec's and Jace's faces lit up. They sat down and waited for the food to be served. Alec grinned from one ear to another. 'Magnus, Raphael, you can join. If Y/N cooked and baked, it's for sure good.'

They sat down too. Raphael began to talk first. 'I don't even eat actual food but this stew smells like childhood.' In fact you've witnessed a vampire eating normal food the first time. He took a spoonful and insisted to say, that it tasted just like the way his mother made it.

After you ate, the men left, leaving Izzy and you alone. You cleaned together and sat down for the last pieces of the cake. You can never have enough of cake.

'Thank you so much, for helping me out. It would have been so embarassing with Magnus and Raphael being there too.' She smiled.

'Nah, don't thank me for that. We should do that more often. I'll teach you how to cook.' She hugged you tight and it just made you more secure in the fact, that you really wanted that girl to be your parabatai.