16.

Kate p.o.v

I opened the apartment Emma's uncle gave us to live in. It was big. Leo carried Kiera in.

"It's bigger than I thought it would be," he said looking around the apartment.

"That's what she said"I smiled.

Leo looked at me and laughed. I could see in his eyes that he was glad I'm making jokes again.

We unpacked what we brought. There wasn't a lot of stuff so we will have to go shopping tomorrow. After that, we sat down on our couch. Kiera was sleeping. Taking care of her came naturally to me. I was in the hospital long enough so they thought me everything I needed to know. 

"Are you okay? This must be hard on you."Leo said while my head was on his chest.

"It is. I just never thought my parents are capable of something like that."

"I know babe I'm sorry. But I and Kiera are here for you."Leo kissed my head lightly.

"I know. How are you" I looked at him?

"Well I was never close to my parents like you are with yours but it sucks" he had a sad look on his face. 

"It does, but we are doing this for Kiera, "I said and looked at the crib she was sleeping in.

"Yes, just look at her. She is the most beautiful baby I've ever seen" I've noticed that every time Leo is looking at her he has a spark in his eyes. He is gonna be the best dad ever.

"She is"I smiled.

Leo p.o.v

I know Kate is suffering and I'm gonna do everything I can to make her feel better. 

"So, tomorrow I'm gonna start looking for a new job," I said to her.

"Okay," she was looking at Kiera. She will take such good care of her. She was born to be a mom and she will be the best mom ever. Running away was worth it because I can't imagine Kiera without her mom.

"I love you, Kate"

She looked at me with a sad but happy look.

"I love you, to Leo"

A/N I just wanted to say that I know that her giving birth and leaving the hospital immediately isn't realistic but I had to do it that way for the sake of the story. I hope you like it and please comment what you think I love reading your comments. <3