Part 8

Thank you for your patience!!!

--

Everyone ate pretty fast if they ate at all, and the conversation stayed pretty consistent throughout dinner. I spent the majority of the time chatting with Travis and Josh from across the table, and even though the party hadn't even started, I was already having a really good time. It was around 6 when some of the people I recognized started to show up. Namely, Pokimane, Rajj, Chad and a few others who I was pretty excited to see. Even though I had known a lot of these people for a few years, it was my first time meeting almost all of them in person, so I was really hyped up to see them.

I ended up getting separated from the lunch club boys and all of the misfits in just a few minutes of the party actually starting and found myself sitting in one of the bedrooms on the upper floor with Poki, Bee, Swagger, Toby and a few other people that I didn't quite recognize. The five of us were talking about our plans for PAX in the next few days, and had gotten to the topic of the welcoming party on the first official night of the event, which was only open to creators.

"Those parties are always so much fun.." Poki said in a dreamy voice, her eyes drifting off as she was probably reliving memories from the last time she went to a PAX party. From across the little circle, Swagger just sighed heavily, muttering something about having to wear his helmet.

"We should all get ready together!" Bee exclaimed out of the blue, bumping my arm slightly and almost making me spill my drink. "Oh well, not Eric actually." She added on, giving him a playful pat on the arm while all of us laughed a little.

"Will you guys dress me?" I ask, mostly as a joke, but also kind of hoping that they would be able to make me look as good as they did at any given moment. The three of them had tons of confidence and always looked amazing, so it wouldn't hurt if they were to rub some of that off on me. Ever since my official face reveal, I had become more aware of my appearance and got even more judgy about how I looked, but maybe a little makeover would help me feel a bit more comfortable.

"Of course!" Toby yelled out, clearly excited to be able to give me a makeover. Bee and Poki agreed as well, and started rambling on about their past PAX experiences. We stayed up there for at least an hour before I decided to wander off and find something else to do. I had to push through a surprising amount of people before I was able to find the stairs and head down to the main floor where I was immediately greeted by Cooper, just because I accidentally ran into him. It took him a few seconds to realize who I was, and based on that and the general cloudy look in his eyes, I could tell he was high out of his mind.

"Ohh hey!" He yelled out, grinning widely as he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and dragged me towards the kitchen. He had been talking the whole time we were walking, but I had no idea until he started laughing at something he had said.

He led me out the back door and into the back yard where a beer pong table was set up, with Ted competing against Mason, and winning by a landslide. Not to flex or anything, but being in my second year of college, I had played plenty of beer pong in my life, and I was pretty good at it too.

Ted won pretty quickly, and I got shoved to the table by Cooper, not that I minded. I practically ran into Ted, who yelled something before gesturing for me to take his place at the table, just in time for me to see Noah taking Mason's place on the opposite side. Travis, who had been somewhere in the area, started filling up our cups as Noah and I locked eyes. Out of everyone I knew, he and Ted were the biggest challenges when it came to beer pong, so the game was bound to be harder than I had expected.

Being a female, I was given the ball first and easily bounced it off of the table and landed it right in his first cup, making him drink. He nodded his head and gave me a look that I had no idea how to interpret. After he downed the cup, it was his turn to toss, and the ping pong ball landed right in the cup in the middle of the back row on my side of the table. Surprised that he had been able to make that shot so easily, I started to feel a little nervous about the outcome of the game as I drank the beer in my cup quickly.