Part 9

Thank you for your patience and all of the nice comments on the last part, it means a lot to me :)

Hopefully this one is okay, it's pretty short but I'm trying to establish some basic stuff before we get to da plot. Next part should be longer and also I hopefully will get it done faster this time. 

Also, I want to maybe start a new story! If anyone has an suggestions on who to write about, please let me know! I watch a lot of anime and I play a lot of video games as well,  so I can try just about anything. If I'm not familiar with something, I can look into it to get some info and then write about it !!!! Please give me suggestions :))))

-------------------------------------------

 I reacted a lot slower than I had meant to, and just as Schlatt had started to pull his lips away from mine I had finally realized what was going on. I subconsciously follow him as he pulls away from the kiss and find myself staring at a very wide-eyed, blushing Schlatt. 

"UH, I'm so sorry, I read this whole interaction wrong, and maybe we could just-" Schlatt started to ramble, clearly thinking he had done something wrong based off of how long it had taken me to react. His eyes looked a little hurt and his face was bright red as he tried to explain himself, and just as he started to brush himself off to stand up, I reached to his side and grabbed his hand gently, getting his attention again. 

Not knowing what to say or how to say it at the moment, I tried to speak through my actions and pulled Schlatt right back to me, stopping with our faces a few inches apart so we wouldn't crash into each other. There was a second where we were face to face, staring into each other's eyes, and I could tell he was a bit confused, but something in his eyes sparkled a little. I couldn't help but smile as I crashed my lips into his. This time we were both ready, and for the second time around, the kiss was mutual. He tasted like salt, which wasn't amazing, but I felt him chuckle and smile into the kiss, which made my stomach fill with butterflies.

I couldn't tell you how long we stayed like that, but I eventually pulled away to catch my breath and analyze what I had just done. We sat there, just looking at each other for maybe a minute before I calmly laid back down and stared at the stars again. Schlatt did the same and for a long time, neither of us spoke or made any sort of noise at all. My brain was going crazy, thinking about what was going on, but for some reason I felt incredibly calm at the same time. Today had been a busy day, and in the past few hours alone I had managed to do a lot more than I had in the past year of my life, not that it was saying a whole lot. 

"I kind of want to go to bed now." I said, breaking the silence. Sure, I had napped earlier, but that didn't mean that I wasn't exhausted, especially after a party and a plane ride earlier in the day. From beside me, Schlatt silently nods his head and we both gather up the few things that we had brought outside with us and managed to hop off of the trampoline without breaking our legs in the dark. We both stayed quiet while we put some things away and walked up the stairs, but we found ourselves standing face to face again, just outside of the rooms to our respective bedrooms. Schlatt opened his mouth to say something, an unsure look on his face.

"We can talk about it in the morning if you want." I say before he can form his words, giving him a soft smile and pulling him into me for a hug. He shuts his mouth and hugs me back, kissing my forehead as he looks down at me. The hug was warm and I felt my eyes start to shut, only for Schlatt to pull away and unwrap his arms from mine.

"Goodnight Y/N." He said with a little smile. I could tell he was tired but something in his gaze felt incredibly comfortable, even more so than usual. I quickly lean up to him, giving him a little peck on the lips before pulling away just as quickly.