Part 13

Hello :>

Sorry for the slow updates hehe. Big plans, no motivation. I'm out of school tho, so I should have more time to write and hopefully update more than once a month. 

I'm not funny and I can't write Schlatt like how he actually is if that makes sense, so he's very out of character throughout the whole story and I apologize for that oof. 

---

By the time we make it out to the little courtyard area out front of the convention, there are at least a hundred people following us, and even more are joining by the second. I manage to stay close to Schlatt despite all of the people crowding around us, but I still end up bombarded by fans. All of them are talking over each other and I can't quite hear what any of them are really saying, but some of them hand me little notes or various types of fan art that they had made for me. I can't tell if it's just the overstimulation from all of the people around me, or if it's about how happy I am, but my vision starts to cloud up with tears a little bit.

"Oh gosh! Please don't cry." I hear from somewhere in front of me, before being gently bombarded with hugs from two or three people at once. Within a matter of seconds the group of fans around me is trying to keep me from crying, telling me how much they love and appreciate me, which only makes me want to cry even more. It was crazy that I had such a supportive following, and it was even crazier how much that following had grown in the past few months alone. I wasn't actually crying yet, but apparently it was clear that I was going to, as more and more fans flocked over to see what was going on. I glance around the little crowd and briefly meet eyes with Schlatt, whose eyebrows are scrunched in concern. He holds a thumbs up and cocks his head at me, so I return the gesture to tell him that he doesn't need to worry.

I avert my attention back to the people in front of me, calming myself down a little bit. There were maybe twenty or so people standing around me, most of them wearing my merch or merch from someone else in the group. This was the first real time that I had ever interacted with fans on such a close level, considering that I had only just done my face reveal a few months earlier and this was my first ever convention. As things started to calm down some more, the group and I moved a little bit to the side to talk and take some photos. People were pretty consistently coming and going, bouncing between me and the boys. I never had more than 20 people with me at once, which was nice, and the same three or four people stuck with me to chat for a while.

"So are you going to the creator party tonight?" One of the girls asked me. She was super cool and seemed to know more about a lot of my friends than I did.

"Yeah, actually," I tell her with a laugh, "and then I'm going to a misfits party afterwards." I tell her, wanting to keep chatting with her.

"Oooh," She sucks in a breath, "be careful, from what I've seen on twitter, those parties are crazy." She tells me with a little laugh. I nod my head and laugh along with her.

"Oh yeah, I'm not really looking forward to it." I say simply. We continue to chat for a little while, with a few people stopping us to take photos or talk to me in general. We talk for another half hour or so before she heads over to talk to the boys and a few other people come over to talk to me in her place. One of which happens to be Schlatt, joined by the people who had been talking to him. Schlatt takes the spot next to me and we start a conversation with some of the people around us. We get to talking about what kinds of videos we plan to make while we're on our little trip for PAX.

Some of the fans mention that they would love to see vlogs, which of course I decide to listen to their suggestions and break out my camera right then and there to film some stuff with them. I get everyone to crowd into the frame and stand together to take little videos that I can use as part of a thumbnail or something. Schlatt and I stand in the front, bent over to make sure that everyone behind us was in the frame. I set my camera up on a little table by us and quickly set a timer. I jog over to the group and take my place next to Schlatt, who wraps an arm around my shoulder to help stabilize me to make sure the photo isn't blurry. I of course blush, especially considering that he and I had tried to avoid being so close while in public, and it doesn't go unnoticed by the people behind us, as some of them squeal or gasp in reaction. I brush it off and go back to grab my camera, checking the photos before deciding to film some of our interactions with the fans just for fun.