Yugyeom - Help

Finally, I was able to leave my tiny apartment and move in a new bigger one. I couldn't wait settling in my new place. The only problem was that I still needed to move all my furniture. I had spent the last few days packing my stuff in cardboard boxes and I was ready for a new start, but I definitely needed help to carry everything.

So I had called a friend who had accepted to bring his car and help me moving out. I had told him that everybody else I knew was busy this day and that he was my only hope. Actually, I'm pretty sure my other friends could have helped me too but I secretly only wanted him to be here. His name was Yugyeom, I had had a crush on him since a friend we have in common introduced him to me but I was always too shy to say anything about my feelings. I thought that maybe spending a whole day together might help.

But now, on the morning of moving out, I'm wondering if it was really such a good idea. I am having flashbacks of my parents yelling at each other over a misplaced box or a broken item a few years ago when we had move out. It surely was not a nice and romantic atmosphere...

Suddenly my phone rings.

"Hey, I'm here, I just parked the car", my heart skips a beat when I hear Yugyeom's voice.

"Oh hi! Great, I'm coming down to open the door, see you in a minute!"

I rush down the stairs and bump into Yugyeom in the hall, as apparently a neighbour had already let him in. I blush and I could swear he's blushing a little too. Or maybe it's just in my head.

"Hi Yugyeom, again thank you so much for coming today! You're saving my life!" I exclaim, trying not to overdo it, but cringing at my suddenly high-pitched voice.

"Oh no worries, that's what friends are for!"

My smile fades a little when he mentions the word "friend" but what did I expect anyway? I try to move on and lead him to my apartment so that we can get started.

We quickly find our pace and it's actually not too boring, we talk a lot about everything and anything as we carry box after box and occasionally find jokes to laugh about. After a few hours we're both a little tired and sit on the stairs. I subtly look at him as he's drinking from a bottle of water. He is facing upwards and his jawline is more visible than ever, his eyes are half closed and I can see his Adam's apple moving as he is gulping water. The hair on his forehead is slightly wet with sweat and I can't help but finding this whole picture very appealing.

I almost get caught staring at him and quickly look away, blushing again. "Wow it's really hot, isn't it?" I say, trying to pathetically make it look like my read cheeks are not entirely due to Yugyeom's hotness, rather than the actual hot weather.

The rest of the day unfolds without any problem. We efficiently load the car and unload it at my new apartment and by the end of the afternoon, all the boxes are finally surrounding me in what will become my new living-room.

Yugyeom and I do a high five and sit on the floor with a satisfied sigh.

"Aaah I'm so happy that we made it, thanks a lot Yugyeom, I really owe you one! If you need help with anything just ask me"

Even if I still need to unpack a lot of stuff, I feel good. I'm ready for this new fresh start in a new home. As I'm lost in my thoughts, Yugyeom's voice suddenly breaks the silence.

"Is it okay if I call you even if I don't need help with anything?" he says shyly. "Just to hang out you know..."

I can't believe it! Is he actually asking if we can spend more time together? My heart is racing and I'm pretty sure I'm looking at him with a stupid smiling face that I can't control.

"Sure!" I exclaim, overjoyed.

If anyone had entered the room at this exact moment, they would have seen two young people cutely looking at each other with incredibly red cheeks.