Day 154

I was in incredible amounts of pain, I had gone into labour two hours ago and honestly I didn't realise it would hurt this much, I had set up an Iv to keep my fluids up along with an iv of my own blood that I had taken on the chance that I lost to much blood and had all the tools I needed to cut the cords when they came out, I just really hoped I didn't pass out or none of us had a chance of surviving this.
I kept putting my hands down to check if I could feel a head and when I finally did I pushed and pushed until my first son came out I cut and tied off his umbilical cord before wrapping him in a blanket while I prepared to deliver his brother.
It only takes 30minutes before I deliver my second son I work quickly with him to so I am prepared to deliver the after birth.
Once the after birth is delivered, I take the top level of the plastic covering I had placed on the bed to protect it from the blood and pulled my sons close letting them latch to a breast each before I drifted to sleep from exhaustion.
I woke a while later to one of my babies crying and breathed a sigh of relief that we had all survived the birth.
"Hi my little warriors your names will be Jake and Lincoln Blake," I say to them even though they won't understand, "your daddy will be so proud to meet you when he comes home."
I then get out of the bed leaving them in the centre as I walked to the bathroom to draw a bath.
After I had run the bath I grabbed some clothes for the boys and headed to the room to pick them both up.
Once I had the boys in the bathroom I unwrapped Lincoln and washed him in the shallow water getting all the funk off him before pulling him out to dry him, out a nappy on and dress him, I placed him on the floor so I could do the same for Jake, I couldn't actually tell them apart I was deciding purely as I clothed them because before that I had nothing to tell them apart and now I did, I new Lincoln was in the yellow coverall and Jake was in the blue one and provided I remembered who was in what outfit each day I wouldn't mix them up.
I found a pin that I used to prick the end of one of their little fingers each, praying that their blood would be black. I sighed in relief when the blood sprouted black at the end of Lincoln's finger, and was almost certain that Jakes would be the same seen as the were identical twins, and yet I still sighed in relief when it was also black.
I fed them again before placing them in the middle of a mattress I had placed on the floor of my room as we had no baby cradles. Once I was sure they were both asleep I went into the bathroom and had a shower to clean myself.
When I was done I dressed myself before removing the rest of the plastic from my bed and crawling in to sleep until I was next awoken.
I honestly didn't get long but I figured as much, it's what I get for having two new babies. When they did wake me I fed and changed them before I took them up to the garage to see if they fit in there seats once I was sure they would I checked all the supplies and headed back down stairs, I would leave my home of 8months tomorrow to hopefully talk to the people in the bunker and ask them to let us in, then mum could duplicate the nightblood serum and we could all come back to the surface.