Getting ready to leave

Shaw dropped us in the valley over an hour ago and we had gone to the caves to retrieve the cars, I had Madi and Jake in the car with me while Bellamy followed behind us in the rover with Lincoln who had begged to ride with his dad.
"Mummy can I ride with daddy on the way back?" Jake asks in his usual shy voice, it's my fault his more of a baby than lincoln, I babied him more because he got sick so much more often.
"Of course you can baby, I am sure daddy will love that," I answer as I pull into the tunnel that leads to the garage, when we get to the parking part, I park and say, "ok everyone out."
"Ok so what are here for?" Bellamy asks when we all get out of the cars.
"Well there's boxes of clothes in one of the storage rooms, and there are a few other things I wanna pick up."
Went down to the living area and Bellamy looked around at the drawings all over the walls some done by me of different people from the original 100 and my family, and some done by the kids over the years, Madi had even done some of her family.
"Wow, they're all here," he said motioning to the pictures of jasper, Finn, wells and Charlotte along with the many others we lost but also the many pictures of the ones we still have.
"Yea everyone made it on the wall," I say then pull him over to the couch where I pull out the book that has all the drawings of the kids as they grew up, "here look at this."
As he looked through the different pictures his eyes started to water, "you captured them growing up, did you do this for me?"
"For you and for them so they can one day show there pictures and tell there stories alongside ours, each of the pictures on the wall have the persons story on the back or at least what I know of them."
"You really raised them with all our stories?" He asked he clearly hadn't believed it before.
"Of course, none of the really bad ones but as time goes on we'll tell them more so they may learn from our mistakes," I answer, then ask, "will you help me collect these and put them in that folder."
He nods and we get to work as the kids drag all the boxes of clothes, blankets and pillows from the store rooms.

About an hour passes in complete familial bliss, the boys occasionally cracking jokes, and Madi asking Bellamy a new question about space every time they came back into the living room, and the occasional sigh from me and Bellamy as we took pictures off the wall remembering the people we lost.
"Clarke that's all the boxes," Madi said coming back into the room.
I nodded and asked, "did you grab the boxes of teddies and blocks to?"
"No we left them, should we grab them?" She asked.
"Yes, you should because even if we come back to earth it is very unlikely we will ever return here without having to share it," I reply looking around the place my babies were born and where we spent every winter for the last five years, "and I never want the memories we made here imposed upon by strangers."
Madi nods and her and the boys go get the final two boxes as me and Bellamy started carrying the other boxes up the stairs to the cars the rover and our usual car were full really quick and there were still eight boxes to load and so we check that the next largest car will start and has enough charge and load that to decide that Madi will drive back as well.

"Madi you'll drive in the middle, I know there are no other cars but I still worry you will get lost or left behind," I say to her
"And if you're in the middle if something happens we will notice and can help," Bellamy adds.
"Ok Mum and Dad," she replies and my heart swells because she generally only calls me mum when she is scared.
"Jake you still wanna ride with dad?" I ask and at his nod say, "ok link that means it's you and mummy up front."
And so we drive back to the valley and onto the transport ship so we can go to space to sleep for the next twenty years.