Day 2199

"Hey Bellamy it's been 2199 days since Praimfaya it's been safe to come down for a year now, I'm guessing raven still needs some more time," I say into the radio, and then I hear the sound of a ship entering the atmosphere and say, "never mind your here."
I go and wake up the three kids, "wake up my little naitblidas."
"No mummy," both boys say in unison.
"Clarke no," madi says at the same time and then all three here the sound of the rocket and run out to see the ship, "Clarke I thought you said the ship was small."
I ran out of the back of the rover, which we had found near Arkadia on one of our exploring adventures, "Madi grab the rifle," I yell as I see the ship looks nothing like the one they left in when she brings me the rifle I use the scope and saw it was a prisoner transport for something called eligus.
"Alright everyone in the rover, we need to get to the village and clear out to the cave," I said herding them all into the rover and speeding down into the village.
"Clarke why are we only going to the cave?" Madi questioned as she picked up her clothes and helped grab the drawing.
"Because it's nowhere near winter and now there's likely another ship up there meaning raven will be able to get them down, and this is where they'll come," I reply before putting the tubs of food in the back of the rover, "boys make sure you grab everything, you to Madi it can't look like anyone lives here."

I took the car with Jake and Lincoln while Madi followed in the rover. When we got to the cave which we also used as our weapons stash, to keep it away from the boys when they weren't training, I said, "Madi I need you to stay here with link and Jake while I go find out what we are up against, and if they are friendly."
"But I wanna help Clarke," she replied indignantly
"You are helping by keeping yourself and your brothers safe," I reply giving her a hug before kneeling to address the boys, "you need to stay quiet and do what Madi says no complaining, we don't know if this is a threat."
I hugged all three of them and gave them all a kiss on the head and walked out the cave to try and work out who these people were that had invaded our home.
I found one of them on their own and decided it was a perfect opportunity to find out who they were. I snuck up behind him and covered his mouth with my hand, "I have a few questions are you going to yell for help if I move my hand?" I questioned waiting for a shake of the head to remove my hand.
"Who are you," the man asks the moment I remove my hand.
"That doesn't matter, who are you and who are your people?" I ask
"My name is Miles Shaw and they aren't my people."

"Explain."

"They were part of a mining mission sent over 100 years ago, they are all dangerous criminals, there are two non violent offenders but the rest are murderers and terrorist ."

"How wouldn't the people who left all be dead by now?"

"No we had criogenic pods, meaning they were put to sleep for the journeys out and back, they killed my whole crew they only kept me so I would fly the ship."

"So they're not likely to be looking for a peaceful solution?"

"Doubtful, I mean I could always take you in and you can try," he replied

"No I can't risk it," I said backing away, "thanks for the info."

"Wait can you take me?"

"Sorry I can't I have others to keep safe."

"How many are you, couldn't you protect me?"

"I am not answering that and no we can't," I say and then I turn and run towards the trap lands, which is what we called where we laid all our hunting traps, knowing if I was followed they would die there.
I doubled back once I was sure I wasn't being followed and made my way to a vantage point that looked over the village. I used my rifle scope to count the amount of people I had counted 30 when I heard a gun cock behind me and then I felt someone pulling my hands behind my back I knew there was no point struggling and so I let them take me in.
I was taken into the worship hall and tied to a chair. It wasn't long before a lady came in flanked by two men one of them was Shaw the man from earlier.
"My name is kernel Diyoza," she stated and then asked, "how many of you are in the woods?"
I stayed quiet taking a leaf out of Lincoln's book from way back when we held him prisoner all those years ago. I hoped they would reveal something and if Shaw didn't tell her I could speak English then I would help him.
"I asked a question," she said loudly, "how many people are in the woods?"
I stayed quiet but then I heard something on her radio, "there's another one running through the woods."
I gave up my cover then, Madi had not listened to me and was trying to play hero, "for fucksakes," I said
"So you do know English?" Diyoza asked.
"Just tell them to leave them alone, please?"
"How many of you are there?" She asked again and when I didn't reply, into the radio she said, "McCreary, we don't need any more prisoners shoot to kill."
"No wait there just kids," she didn't call them off, "fine there are 4 of us including me, two five year olds and a twelve year old, just leave them alone please."
"Tell me where they are so I can bring them in," was her reply.
"You want me to let you bring my kids into a camp of prisoners that I know nothing about?" I ask
"I see why you would be skeptical," she replied, "fine I'll give you two options you get your kids and bring them here or you don't see them till we are done."
"They'll be fine for a few days," I reply stubbornly.
"Ok now tell me about how the world ended?"
"Which time?"
"You mean it ended more than once?"
"Yea once just over 100 years ago and then again just over six years."