Day 365

It's been 1 year since the death wave, madi officially moved back into the village and joined our family about 3 months ago, it had taken 3 months of being watched to prove that I was a good person, when she finally did join us I found out she was 6 and now in 100 days she will turn 7
We had made several trips back to the lab and had made the very tactical decision that while it was just us we would spend our winters and the second half of autumn in the bunker and the rest of the year in the valley, and we would only use the food in the bunker during our stays there, so we wouldn't have to stock up for winter and we wouldn't have to worry about freezing to death.
We were actually packing up to head to lab for winter now.
"Madi did you pack the boys blankies and their stuffies?" I yelled out to madi
"I got the blankets but not the teddies," she yells back, "wait found them."
"Where were they?" I question.
"you put them in the seats with the boys," she giggled in reply.
"Alright laugh it up, now you have everything you need," when she nodded I stood from crouching in front of her picked up the boys seats and said, "alright go get in the car and let's go to the bunker."

"Clarke can you tell us the story of Octavia again?" Madi questioned as we crossed the final tree line of shallow valley.
"Of course madi," I reply and begin to tell the story, "mrs Blake got pregnant with Octavia when Bellamy was around 7, but on the ark you weren't allowed to have more than one child."
"Why weren't you allowed more than one, what about twins?" Madi asked interrupting the story.
"Well the population was to large for the ship to support it if people had more than one, and twins rarely happens but if they did one was sent out into space," I replied
"So if you were still on the ark either Jake or Lincoln would have been killed?" She questioned.
"To be honest I wouldn't be alive if we hadn't been sent to the ground because I committed treason, but say I hadn't and I was never arrested the boys probably wouldn't exist because I probably wouldn't have met Bellamy, and I wouldn't have you," was my reply, "now shall I get on with the story?"
"Yes please Clarke."
"Ok so when mrs Blake gave birth to Octavia she handed her to Bellamy and told him he had to keep her quiet, that she was his responsibility which he has always taken very literally, to hide her from the guards that did regular sweeps of the living units they hid her in a compartment under the floor."
"So how did they find her?"
"Well Bellamy made it in to cadet training and there was this masquerade party that his unit were scheduled to watch over, but he didn't know that there was a solar flare coming which brought in higher up guards and then she was caught and they floated mrs Blake and imprisoned Octavia."
"Why did they lock up Octavia?"
"Because she was a second child, I honestly don't think they should have, she didn't know any different and didn't chose to be born," I finish as we are pulling into the garage of the lab bunker.