Leaving home

I fed the boys before placing them into the two car seats with blankets on them, I had little stuffed animals in the boot that I had found that they could play with when they were older. Once I was sure they were secure I started the engine and drove down the long tunnel away from the safest home I had ever had.
I headed to polis following a map I had taken with me to the lab. When I got there I almost lost hope the tower had collapsed on top of the bunker door. Before starting to dig my way in I set up the field radio, so that if I do manage to dig them out There would be someone to open the door.
"This is Clarke Griffin calling wonkru," all I could hear was static, "I repeat this is Clarke Griffin calling wonkru does anyone copy?"
I still got no reply but I dug anyway, in hopes that I could get them to open the door if I was closer. When I finally reached the door I tried the radio again but still got no reply so I banged on the door as loud as I could, but then I heard the rocks shifting and I hauled ass out of there knowing if I didn't get out my two beautiful baby boys would die.
I gave up after that I knew I wasn't getting into the bunker and honestly I would revisit the problem when the people in space came home at least then I would have help.
I remembered that Alie had said 96% of the earths surface would be wiped out and hoped beyond hope that some of that 4% would be in what was know as the United States. I had crossed off the island, and treekru lands, floukru was on an oil station so I crossed that out and Azgeda was generally covered in snow so I put a line through it rather than crossing it off so it was my last place to check.
All the clans territories were marked on the map and so I picked the closet clan Louwoda Kliron or shallow valley, if that didn't pan out I would head podakru lands and I would keep going until I found survivable land to live on even if it meant going beyond the clans territories. I would find a home where my babies didn't have to grow up underground, no matter how safe our home was.
And so I drove in the direction of the shallow valley lands but I soon had to stop as both boys were hungry and needed their bums changed. I sat with them for a little before I had to put them back, I sat in the front and slept for a little before I hoped back into the drivers seat and continued to shallow Valley.
I stopped again an hour later to feed them again and to eat myself I stayed where I was for a while knowing I could be driving to just another wasteland.
Eventually I got back in the drivers seat and drove the last 50miles towards shallow valley. With the music playing and the babies making sound in the back. But as I was driving I noticed a sand storm heading our way. One that I would not be able to out drive without going back in the other direction, so instead I parked as there was no sense driving through a sand storm. Once I had parked I climbed into the back seat knowing that eventually I would have to feed my babies and I didn't know how long the storm would last, the benefit of the back seat was that I could open a window and get stuff from the boot.
When I got into the back seat I noticed that Lincoln was awake and just looking around. I started talking to him as we waited for the storm to pass.
"Hey little man, I can't wait for the next few years to pass so you can meet your daddy, he is gonna be so mad at me for not telling him. But he will get over it pretty quickly once he sees you and your brother for the first time, I just hope he doesn't move on with raven or echo, I mean 5 years on a ship in space is a long time to hold out, and he probably thinks I'm dead," I could smell one of them had pooped and so I reached over the back to grab the diapers and the wiping cloth along with a water bottle and check to see which one smell.
I checked Lincoln first as he was awake and found he did in fact have a smelly bum and so I changed it as the storm raged on around us. The storm eventually woke Jake and so I told decided to tell them the story of when Bellamy and I first met.