Finding shallow valley

The storm passed quickly, but when I tried to start the car it wouldn't turn over. I discovered what the problem was when I got out and checked the solar panels, they were trashed.
I got to work on disconnecting the fryed solar panels before I pulled some of the spare panels from the boot and connected the new ones, I then decided to feed the boys and have a little something to eat while I waited for the new panels to charge up.
It only took an hour to reach shallow valley and I thanked my lucky stars that my gut feeling that Shallow valley would be survivable was right. It's like the wave just jumped right over it.
I had hoped there would be survivable land but hadn't gotten my hopes up that it would be in the first clan land I picked to check, even if I did pick it because it was in a valley. I laughed hysterically when I saw green for the first time so over joyed that I had found what I assumed was one of the last survivable places on earth.
I drove through the forest until I came across the clan village this was the first time I could see any effects of priamfaya in shallow valley, there were bodies on porches dead from radiation poisoning.
I left the boys in the car as I explored assuming there would be more dead bodies and not wanting them to see or smell that regardless of if they would remember it.
I was right in assuming there would be more bodies the largest number was in the worship hall, I cleared one of the larger homes of bodies so I could get the boys out of the car while I cleaned out the rest of the buildings after I had placed the boys on the floor on a pile of blankets and pillows I had brung from the lab.
After placing all the bodies in a pile I checked on the boys to see how they were, they seemed fine and so I went to collect some wood for a fire to be able to burn the bodies.
Once I was finished I grabbed some food, water, clothes, blankets and pillows to settle in for the night.

The next day I woke to both boys screaming there heads of, clearly hungry so I got myself out of the knot of blankets grabbed them both and sat on a bench to feed them. As I was feeding them I looked out of the window and I thought I saw a little girl standing at the edge of the forest, but I looked away for a second and she was gone again.
I chalked it up to a trick of the mind and finished feeding the boys. Once I was done I grabbed the parts of the car seats that disconnect from the car and allowed me to carry the boys around, and put the boys in and headed towards the sound of water. Eventually I would have to find a route that allowed me to take the car to the water because carrying both boys and their bulky seats plus a bag of things in case they were needed would be difficult, add to that the need to eventually bring water back and it would be nearly impossible.
I was at the water when I saw the little girl again, she made to run and so I yelled out in trig, "wait I can help you."
But she ran anyway so I chased after her, eventually she stopped and instead ran at me, and said "die flame keeper," while trying to stab me but she stopped when she saw the nightblood, then she got up and ran again.
I realised there was no point continuing to chase her and knew I had to get back to the babies anyway and so I stopped and hoped she would eventually come to us.