4- The Whole Being Dead Thing

1st Person POV :
"Why don't we go up in the attic with the Maitlands to try to explain this whole thing. " Beetlejuice said. It would probably be a pretty good idea to do so. And so, the attic is where we went. I could still see the switch between blue and green in his hair. I squeezed his hand to reassure him. His hair immediately went from ocean blue to cotton candy pink, which was kinda satisfying to watch. To my surprise, he squeezed back. His hair was beginning to fade back into normal green, but the pink was still noticeable.

"Y/N? And Beetlejuice? Do you need something?" Barbara asked. "I must admit, I'm surprised that Beetlejuice is here too. He usually complains about us being too vanilla." Adam added. Beetlejuice takes a big breath in before speaking. "Y/N here.. needs to be introduced to the whole being dead thing. They died in a graveyard, protecting a child from getting crushed to death. Meaning, soon, we'll have some new people moving in." He looks.. almost regretful as he speaks. His hair vibrating between blue and purple. After he said that, it was so silent that you could hear a pin drop. In fact, at that moment,  Barbara dropped all of the stuff she was holding. All of that stuff was yarn though, so no harm done.

Adam clears his throat. "Well, then let's get started. We should also learn some scaring stuff, right? So let's do that as well." Barbara and Beetlejuice nodded in agreement.
"Welp, here we go." I said.
--------------------------
I had found out that I was actually pretty good at scaring. Adam and Barbara, on the other hand, didn't have as much luck. They seemed fine with it though. Just in time, as people were moving in already by the time we got downstairs. Apparently, they were the Deetz family. Delia, the vegan with the weird updo, Charles,  the stern businessman, and lastly, Lydia, the goth who seemed the most relatable. I wanted a chance to talk to Lydia, but she probably couldn't see me like the rest of her family.

Apparently I was wrong. As I was sitting up on the roof, humming to myself, she sat next to me. She looked at me and said " You a ghost too?" She must be like me. "Yup. Previous owner. Let me guess. You can see me, because you too, are strange and unusual?" She smiled at me and started up again. "Correct. Name's Lydia. What's yours?" "Y/N. Nice to meet you, Lydia. Who have you met so far?" I said, taking in the sky's beauty. "Adam and Barbara. They seem nice. Very vanilla." She said, softly chuckling to herself.  "Indeed. You play nintendo? I think my DS is still in my room. I would play on there for hours. I still play it sometimes, but after all,  I am a ghost,  so it seems to not have as much meaning as before. " I sighed a bit, mostly out of sadness.

"Sounds fun. Any other ghosts I should know about?" She said. "The only other ghost that I know about is my best friend,  Beetlejuice. He can be fun. It might take a bit to get used to him though. He's helped me through a lot though. We've been trying to get the house back, but we still gotta wait for the right moment. I summoned him right before death,  but it reset because of the fact that I died." I stretched a bit. "We're thinking maybe since you can see us, you could summon him at your dad's business party. If you'd like, you can stay with us, and we can have some fun scaring people." I laughed lightly thinking of their terrified faces. Her eyes glowed in excitement. "That'd be AWESOME!" we both laughed a bit before speaking again.
"Yknow, I honestly would do anything for that guy. If it weren't for  him, I.. probably would've been dead a lot sooner.  I was going through a tough time, and he helped me get through it." My eyes seemed to darken a bit. "He keeps going on about how he's a big bad demon, but to me, he's an angel. A true blessing to my life."

Beetlejuice POV :
I was floating around the house for a bit, and all of a sudden I heard Y/N talking to someone.
"He keeps going on about how he's a big, bad demon, but to me, he's an angel. A true blessing to my life."
They.. really mean that?
If I had a heart, it would've skipped a beat. Honestly,  it felt like something inside me did skip a beat.
For once in my afterlife, I felt warmth.
I'm so lucky to have them.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed this! The Deetz family is finally here uwu
Don't forget to vote, comment, you know the drill.
See you guys tomorrow!
- Beast 💀