Chapter - 8 Search

Hi guys, here is your IPK anniversary gift... i hope you like it .. enjoy !!! Love Arshi :)

3 A.M. (hours before Khushi and Arnav went to hospital)

"What the hell is this?.. It's been hours Lieutenant.." said an agitated general.

"Sir, I think it's not here anymore." he said looking around.

"What do you mean? Are you telling me that thing had legs?"

"Sir, I mean someone had come here before us"

General looked around the burned pit with lights in the hand with the team following him around.

"It's very unlikely someone walk in here deep forest and there is now village inside or around the area." He kneeled and took some of burned plants in his hands. "It smells like shit... what the hell it is?"

"Sir?" A soldier shouted from a direction.

They all turned and walked towards the man. "What is it?"

"Sir, look at this." he pointed at the deep marks on the ground trailing towards a direction.

"Looks like someone took it indeed..." general followed the trails.

"Singh?" He said quietly.

"Yes sir?" He said coming close to his general.

"I want you to isolate this area. No one in or out and I want you to check the direction and get all the information where it can go and who might have taken it and why? I need that thing at any cost and get me the details by evening. No one should know about this."

"Yes sir.." he saluted as general made way back to his jeep before he stopped

"And singh.."

"Yes sir?" He asked confused.

"Get me connected to agency.. I need to talk to him regarding this." He said with finality before getting into jeep as it roared to life.

"Yes sir." He saluted as he went back to instruct his men.

*****

Khushi turned greeted them nervously and looked from sideways hopefully Arnav was sitting somewhere and they didn't saw her with them. She can let them know about him.

"Hi Khushi..how are you feeling now?" Priyanka said coming near her. "I thought you won't come today?"

Before Khushi could answer her Akanksha jumped in too... "priyanka told me yesterday about you... Are you okay? How come you are here today? I think you should take rest today too." She gave a concerned look at her. While Priyanka too agreed with her.

"Girls please relax.. I know I am bit unwell and I just came for a checkup and will go back and rest. Are you guys done for morning shift?" She tried to deviate them.

"Yup.. my next shift start in few minutes while Anki here had some work with boss.." she said rolling her eyes.

"Hey hey girls look at that guy...omg..such hotness should be banned.." Akanksha said looking at someone behind Khushi.

Khushi followed her vision and gasped at who she was referring to..she immediately turned back scowling .."Anki...please.."

"What? Do you know him?"

"What? No.." Khushi said nervously

"Then let me see the eye candy at least.."

"Ewww...Language Anky... though I admit he is hot..." Priyanka said eyeing the man up and down.