Chapter 37

Warm water lapped at my collarbone, soothing the little red marks that now adorned my neck courtesy of the Black Lupis Alpha. I smiled to myself at the thought, stretching my toes to the edge of the bathtub until I sank a bit further into the bubbling water.

I'd originally told Nolan that I didn't want to waste my time soaking in a hot bath, but he'd been awfully persistent. To my initial disapproval, he escaped my embrace to draw steaming water into the bathtub, filled to its porcelain brim with oils and soaps to enhance the experience.

Eventually, I conceded.

"I hope you plan on joining me?" I teased, ignoring the swarm of goosebumps that traveled down my back as Nolan's expert hands unfastened the clasp of my bra.

My back faced Nolan's chest, while palpable tension buzzed in the small space between our two bodies. The straps of my black lace bra loosened, daring to fall off my front, and my mate pressed a tantalizing kiss to the top of my shoulder. One of his hands dared to brush one lace-strap off of it's shoulder.

"As tempting as that sounds," he grumbled, his hot breath fanning against the back of my neck, "My little sister has nearly gotten into three cat-fights with the red-headed, she-devil werewolf in our absence."

I gasped, "Lizzie and Sophia are fighting?"

Nolan chuckled, "Your friend insulted Sophia's sense of fashion when she offered some fresh clothing to wear."

"Oh, Moon Goddess," I groaned, rolling my eyes at the thought of their petty squabble. "I suppose you'd better go referee."

He huffed the smallest laugh, pressing another kiss to the side of my neck, "No, I'd better go teach my sister some manners."

A mischievous smile crept onto my lips, as I shrugged the other bra strap off of my shoulder until the scrap of clothing fell to the floor at my feet. Without looking back at my mate, I took several steps toward the porcelain bathtub, reached the edge, and rid myself of the remaining cotton panties that clung to my curves. Finally naked, I stepped into the steaming water and sunk beneath the bubbles.

Only when the entire front of my body was concealed by water and foam did I dare glance at Nolan, "I suppose it's your loss, then."

"My wicked Luna," Nolan growled through gritted teeth, eyes dancing with fiery want.

My lashes fluttered in feigned innocence, eyes trailing downward toward his hips and the bulge that now begged to be freed from his jeans. I clenched my thighs together beneath the water.

Nolan must have followed my gaze, since a proud, masculine smirk appeared on his lips. He cocked a dark brow in my direction. A silent challenge. Like what you see?

Blood rushed to my cheeks, and I sank a bit lower in the water. Nolan chuckled strode over to the bathtub, bending down to press one final kiss to the top of my head, "Come find me when you've finished? And bring the talisman, our witch friends will be arriving soon."

I nodded and bid the Alpha farewell, listening to his footsteps fade as he exited our little cottage.

My body quickly adjusted to the heat of the liquid surrounding it, and, truthfully, my muscles rejoiced in the therapeutic waters. Somewhere between cleaving the fingers off of Savannah's hand and running for my life away from Sehan, I'd managed to strain the muscles in my back and legs.

Lounging in the tub, I conjured up one hundred ways, most of them sinful and involving my mouth, that I could thank Nolan for convincing me to take a bath.