His Treasure

The Triwizard Tournament seemed to be the only thing anyone was talking about anymore. Your closest friend, Cedric, was in the tournament, and you had to be there to support him.

You and Cedric have been best friends since you met him on the train during your first year, and although you were put in Slytherin and he was put in Hufflepuff, you were both still close throughout the years.

"So, what do you think the second task is going to be like?" You asked, turning to face Cedric.

"I think it has something to do with the lake" Cedric chuckled.

"Besides, with you there, I know I'll be alright," he smiled, putting an arm around you. You smirked, playfully elbowing his stomach.

When you looked up at Cedric, you caught him staring at you. Your eyes locked onto each other for a few moments.

Then, it hit you.

You liked Cedric. More than as a friend.

Everything about him made your heart leap; his laugh, his smile, his eyes...

You needed to tell him.

"Cedric, I-"

Before you could finish your sentence, you were approached by Professor Moody.

"Professor Dumbledore asked to see you in his office, Miss (Y/N)," he said, motioning for you to follow him.

You looked over at Cedric and gave him a puzzled look. He just shrugged.

"I guess I'll see you later, then?" You said, waving goodbye.

~*~

Cedric was following the music that he heard from the golden egg. He checked his watch and his heart began to pound. Finally, he had reached the source of the music.

He came to a full stop, completely shocked when he saw who he had to rescue.

You.

He slowly swam up to you. You felt his hands holding your face. He pointed his wand at the rope that was holding you and shot it off.

Suddenly, you could be gasping for air; you looked over and saw Cedric. The crowd was cheering for the two of you.

"Here, hold onto me," Cedric breathed, grabbing your hand. You did as you were told and wrapped your arms around him as he swam up to the stands.

They pulled you and Cedric up and began wrapping you both in towels.

"You got first place!" You smiled, throwing your arms around him again. He hugged you back, tighter than he usually did.

People began to swarm him, asking for statements and pictures, so you stepped away, and stood near the edge of the stands.

The next person to come up was Viktor Krum with Hermione, and now everyone waited to see if Harry would come up anytime soon.

Cedric came over to you and placed his arm around you once more.

"So, you were my treasure who I had to rescue." Cedric looked down at you with a smile.

"I guess they thought I was your girlfriend or something," you blushed.

Ron and Fleur's sister finally rose up out of the water, and Harry followed soon after.

The task was finally over.

"You know, I wouldn't mind you being my girlfriend..." Cedric mumbled, moving his arm away so that it was back at his side.

You gazed up at him, unable to hide your smile and gave him a quick peck on the lips.

"I wouldn't mind either." You said softly.

Cedric smirked, wrapping his arms around your waist, and pressed his lips against yours. You placed your arms around his neck, pulling him closer to you.

When the kiss broke, Cedric rested his forehead against yours.

"I love you, (Y/N)," he whispered.

Your heart fluttered. "I love you, too, Cedric."

Rita's cameraman immediately began snapping photos of the two of you, but you didn't care. Nothing seemed to matter.

It was just you and Cedric...

A/N

Hope you all like it