One Jealous Hufflepuff

Cedric knew of course, that he had absolutely nothing to worry about!

You loved him, he loved you, it's that simple!

But when he saw that Durmstrang student slung his arm around your shoulders, made a joke, and winked at you, Cedric found himself gripping the table hard enough to leave tiny scratch marks on it.

He wasn't worried about you!

He knew if the heavy-robed wizard crossed a line, you'd make sure he knew of it but...

You weren't Flipendo-ing him across the room, or twisting his wrist to make him let go of you, or looking around frantically for him while signaling him you were uncomfortable.

Instead, you were, laughing? Smiling your wonderfully bright smile at the student from Drumstrang, letting him keep his stupid arm across your shoulders.

"Oooooooo, careful, Ced. You'll turn greener than a Slytherin at this rate."

The voice of one of his Quidditch mates broke Cedric out of his not-at-all-one-sided glaring at the Drumstrang wizard.

"I'm not turning green!" Cedric defended, huffing slightly, "Just...making sure Y/N is alright!"

"Sure, mate." His friend said before sliding a small baggie of non-wizard candy beans. "You remember these, right? I told you about these Muggle-candy called 'Jelly Beans'?"

Cedric looked down suspiciously at the pure sugar candies then back at his friend. "Yyyeaah? Why?"

His friend shrugged "Figured you'd been eatin' them since your sweetheart went to talk with that Drumstrang lad. You are what you eat after all."

Cedric narrowed his eyes and pouted. "I'm not jealous!!"

"Never said you were, only that you were a-" He raised the pitch of his voice to try and mimic yours "Jelly Bean."

Cedric rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to you. The wizard's arm was no longer on your shoulders but he was standing awfully close to you. A little too close for the Russian lad to not be flirting.

"That's it! I'm going in!" Cedric said abruptly before practically flying off to where you were.

The Hufflepuff's vision centered in on you as he pushed his way through the crowd, eager to be directly by your side. Voldemort himself could appear in front of him and Cedric wouldn't do anything but shove past him to get to you.

"Oh, Cedric! Just in time!"

Your voice cut through his tunnel vision and with slightly reddening cheeks, Cedric found he was standing mere inches away from you. He cleared his throat and tried to casually wrap his arms around your waist to tug you to his chest.

"Oh yeah? In time for what?" He asked, making sure your back was securely held against his chest while he plopped his chin on your head, trying to encompass you with his flowy black and yellow robes.

"Dimitri here was just about to tell us a funny story about when Viktor was a beginning Seeker!" Your voice sounded cheerful, excited even.

"That so?" Cedric responded, his voice surprisingly neutral. His grip tightened a fraction on your waist as Dimitri laughs. "Of course! Viktor was quite the klutz when he first began!" The wizard launched into a tale of how 'graceful' Viktor was when he missed the Snitch during practice and ended up face-first in a pile of snow-mud slush on the training grounds.

Laughs rang out in the group and Cedric found himself shooting slight glares at Dimitri whenever he turned to see if you'd laugh first at his jokes.

Cedric knew that game. Nothing was better than the sound of the focus of your affection laughing at a joke you said. He did the same thing to you before you started dating.

And if Dimitri thought he was being subtle? Well, two could play that game!

Cedric placed a seemingly innocent kiss at the top of your head before leaning his cheek on your head.

A totally normal act of affection. One of your shared friends have gotten used to seeing.

The Hufflepuff's eyes peaked open and looked pointedly at Dimitri who set his jaw but looked away.

Dominance asserted.

Hopefully.

You felt your Tall Puff press another kiss to your head before dropping his head down to your neck.

"I want cuddles." He said, wrapping his arms around you tighter. You huffed slightly and lifted one hand to fluff up his hair while the other rested on the arms wrapped around your waist.

"Alright, c' mere you Jelly Bean." You chuckled before turning to kiss his cheek. Cedric practically glowed under your affection and couldn't resist throwing a smug look at Dimitri who wasn't paying attention anymore.

"Wait-" Cedric squinted down at you "What makes you think I'm being jealous! I'm not!"

You laughed at that and kissed his cheek again. "Mhmm, suuuure. You know I love you right?"

"I know, and I love you." He glanced at Dimitri "But he didn't-"

"Jelly Bean-"