The Love Lost Part 2

A/N HERE IT IS !!!

You were smitten the first second you saw him jump down  .

Not even noticing that you are standing between Hermione and Ginny, your attention had almost instantly been taken by the boy when you saw his charming smile and twinkling lights. Something in your chest had tightened and you felt your cheeks warm, almost on instinct, heart fluttering as he looked over at you

You felt a slight pinch in your side jumping and glancing to your left with a light hiss, your wide eyes found Hermione and Ginny's  all too knowing ones. 

"Oh, bugger off," you laugh, shaking your head at the two girls as you quickly move to catch up with the rest. But Hermione and Ginny are right on their tail, and they have no attention of letting this go.

"You totally like him," Hermione whispers, thankfully so only you and Ginny can hear her. A quick glance at her from the corner of your eye, you can tell she's laughing and even wiggling her brows a little at you, almost suggestive that makes your cheeks burn even harder then they had before.

"Totally," Ginny nods, grinning, "though, I can't blame you. He is..." She doesn't finish her sentence, but it's pretty obvious what they mean.

Anxious and determined to get away from their teasing's, you shoot them a half-hearted glare over your shoulder, picking up the speed in your step so you're up in the front with the Weasley twins. You were relieved to find out Hermione and Ginny had decided to let it go, for now, but of course, being farther up in the front also meant you were just directly behind Cedric.

And you're not even really sure what's wrong with you. 

He was completely oblivious to you since you both had seen each other. 

Just as you were completely oblivious to the tree root you happen to trip over seconds later. A small yelp leaves your lips as you feel yourself falling forward, mentally prepping yourself for the thud and pain when you hit the ground. However, you never do, and instead, you fall into a pair of arms. You blink, dazed and confused, until you flicker your gaze up to meet Cedric's own.

Well, he was definitely noticing you now. Maybe just not in the way you wanted him to. 

Your cheeks warmed in embarrassment but Cedric simply just smiled down at you, helping you to your feet. The Weasley twins passed you along the way, and you heard them call out some joke about something being on your mind but you didn't really have the heart to listen to them. Not with Cedric so close and smiling at you with those warm eyes of his and...

and honestly, what was wrong you? You hadn't seen this guy in what felt like years. 

"Are you alright, (Y/N) ?"

"Yeah, yeah," you breathe, pulling at your shirt to straighten it as you nervously blink up at the much taller boy. "I... I just... just didn't see the root."

"Probably not," he grinned, "especially when you were too busy staring at me."

He noticed that?

"Pretty hard not to," Cedric snorted.

You hadn't even known you'd said that aloud.

Placing a hand to your cheeks, you groan out in embarrassment.

Cedric lets out a laugh. "It's fine," he whispers, lowering his voice so you're the only one who can hear him. He leans closer to him, still holding gently to your arm like he had to catch you, and your breath hitches when he presses his lips directly next to your ear. "I definitely didn't mind."

Then he pulls back with a wink, moving to catch up with his father.

You're stunned still for a moment before Ron and Harry catch up, and the former bumps into you. "What's up with you?"

They both stare at you, but you don't reply. A small smile curls onto your lips, eyes stuck on that of Cedric.

-

 After the game has finished, Cedric asks if you'd like to hang back with him, explore the grounds a bit more. Telling Hermione to let everyone know that you're safe and with him, before rushing off to catch up with him.

Of course, not without Hermione sending a sly wink your way and a call of 'good luck!'

You spend the entire evening with him, learning more about him. Finding out he was had became the Hufflepuff quidditch at Hogwarts  and you wonder why you'd never heard that he had been chosen being the (Y/H/H)'s Captain. You blame on always being so focused in your books and studies and ridiculous amount of quidditch planning. 

Yeah, it had to be that.

"You know, I noticed that you have changed."

The statement surprises you. With a blink, lips parting, you glance to your right, looking up at Cedric as he keeps his gaze lower, on his feet. You're not sure what to say.

"Always with your head in a book," he laughs lightly, meeting your eyes with a fond look. It catches you by surprise and your cheeks warm lightly in response, stomach fluttering in response. "The only ones who could ever get you to look up from what you were doing were the Weasley Twins.

With a light, nervous laugh, you shrug; "that's just because they're too annoying to ignore."

"Still," Cedric laughs, "didn't make me any less jealous."

Jealous?

Eyes widening, you turn to Cedric, lips parting to say something but you're interrupted by the sound of some sort of explosion. It rocks the floor beneath your feet, toppling you over slightly that you fall against Cedric who doesn't hesitate to help steady you. Frowning, you glance around, eyes widening when you notice fire erupting from somewhere to your left.

It's then the screaming starts and mass chaos follows. People run madly, without purpose or care for anyone else. Cedric pulls you closer against himself when someone nearly barrels into you and knocks you off your feet.

"What's happening?" You whisper, turning to Cedric with panicked eyes.

"We're under attack," he mumbles, glancing around, shaking his head. "We've got to back to my father. Now! "

He pulls you with him, and you don't fight his grip, quick to keep up with his pace. You try not to focus too much on the screaming and panic the surrounds you, knowing that it'll only scared you more and more.

Cedric keeps a tight hold of your hand the entire time, not willing to lose you in the crowd. You don't mind, even if pinches slightly. You don't want to lose him again.

You catch sight of red and a bout of relief floods you when you find the twins.  They catch sight of you two, and thus, you also find Ginny and Mr. Weasley. You move to ask where Harry, Hermione and Ron are but suddenly, Fred is grabbing you and pulling you out of Cedric's grip and between them, urging you to follow them back to the port-key.

"But, wait--" When you turn to find Cedric, he's already turning back, sending you one last look before rushing off.

A/N Another thing done today. Let me know what you thought , Part 3 ?

                                                                                                                                                                  xoxo, Kate