Love Lost Part 4

A/N Last Part.

Cedric had asked you to be his date to the Yule Ball. When he had, you felt as if your legs would give out from beneath you.

But now, wrapped up in arms, swaying softly to the tune of the music, you're so glad you said yes. Even if, in the moment, there had been no doubt that you would, you'd been afraid you wouldn't be able to force the words out. To physically say yes, you were so star-struck. Yet, you had, and you couldn't be more happy.

When you lean back to glance up at Cedric, you're all smiles and twinkling eyes. You realize then, that you're one of the last two pairs still there and dancing, a lot having gone off to bed. How the time had escaped you, you're not even sure.

You'd been so round up by Cedric.

Your eyes flutter in response as he uses one hand to brush back a strand of curled hair out of your face, leaning into his touch. The silence that echoes around you is completely comfortable, there's no need to speak you find. Your actions and gazes are enough to tell each other how the other feels. You hold tight to Cedric, wishing this moment would never end.

When he presses his lips against your own, you're stunned at first. It takes you about a minute to snap out of your revere and return the kiss. But when you do, it's full of passion. You curl into him, pressing yourself firmly against him as everything in the background seems to fade to nothingness and all you can focus on is him, is him being so close, is him finally kissing you like you've wanted him to since you first saw him.

You pull back breathless, and Cedric settles for letting his forehead rest against your own.

"I've been waiting to do that for years."

"As have I "

-

You wake with a startling gasp. Water spills from your lips as you choke and gasp, trying to find the air you so desperately need.

Once you do, it's then you notice the arms holding you. You're pressed firm against a chest, with a towel wrapped around you to keep you warm. It helps, even though your body shakes lightly in response, and instinctively, you cuddle into the warmth, confused.

Bewildered even.

You catch sight of the lake, and then you remember.

Turning to the right, a smile curls onto your lips as you find Cedric's gaze. He's smile at you, solely on you, despite those of his friends and more that cheer around him. A quick glance around tells you what you need to do, and your smile brightens when you realize he'd been the first one up.

He'd won the second challenge.

"It's all thanks to you." Cedric grins.

You'd said that aloud too, huh?

"I'm not sure I did all that much," you shrug, shaking your head. "I was just asleep, really."

Holding you close and firm, Cedric shakes his head. "You gave me the push I needed." He whispers, so only that you can hear him. "You're my treasure. You always have been and will be."

Your heart flutters again, pounding erratically against your chest. But you don't shy away, not this time. No, instead, you lean forward, pressing your lips against his own, as cheers erupt madly around you all in response.

They fade with Viktor Krum emerges from the water. But you don't mind. You're only focused on Cedric, like you've always have.

-

He'd promised...

He'd said...

His fathers screams echo in the back of your mind. The chaos that ensues around is distant, as if somewhere entirely else. All you can see, all you can focus on... as usual, is Cedric. But this time, it's his laying, lifeless, and limp body that you can't tear your gaze away from.

He's... He's dead.

I'm not going anywhere.

He turns blurry as your eyes water. You curl into yourself, frozen where you're stood, heart wrenching, body shaking, desperately trying to force yourself to move, to get to him, But you can't. You just can't. It feels as if you're stuck in place, frozen solid.

He can't... Cedric can't be dead.

But he is. He is dead.

He's gone...

The worlds still floating in the air .... I Love you <3

What you learn over the years makes you fell love and hate.

As days turn in to weeks and weeks turn into years, you just think what would have happened if the spare had been spared 

A/N This was the last part thank  ( sadly)  you all for the support<3. I totally didn't cry writing the last part of this. Please feel free to send me new ideas and what not. I for one thought about changing the whole plot but I had to stay with it. Sorry that he had to die but the title is called Love Lost....so 

Thank you all for 13.2k reads <3

xoxo, Kate