Epilogue

It was asked for, so here it is: Kai's POV!

It had been weeks since I mated with Stella. Gladly, things had calmed down. Stella became more open to our relationship and my pack. Well, her pack now too. I'd waited a long time for her, and then after finding her, I still waited for her. I felt like I could finally release my breath now. Our life got easier, but there was still one last thing I wanted to do. Stella had given up practically everything to be with me. She was far from her family and pack, she'd basically changed her whole personality, and she's been through a lot. I wanted to do something for her, but I knew she wouldn't just accept it.

I brought her to the training field where our sentential were already warming up. She normally joined the trainings anyway, but this was different.

"Alright everyone gather up!" I yelled across the field. They gathered quickly as Stella stood beside me.

"As you know, Stella was in line to be the Alpha of her old pack before she found out she was my mate. Today, I'm giving her the opportunity to reclaim her Alpha title," I announced. Stella's wide eyes went to mine in shock. I smirked at her as a murmur went around the crowd.

"What are you doing?" Stella hissed at me.

"How are you going to do that?" Someone from the crowd asked. I smiled easily as I turned back to the crowd.

"I will spar with Stella myself. If she can hold her own, everyone has to call her Alpha," I explained. I could see everyone thought the idea was ridiculous, but if she could keep up with me, she would rightfully earn it, there was no reason to refuse.

"Kai," she said unsurely.

"What? Don't think you can?" I teased her. I knew it would be just enough to get her to agree. She glared slightly before taking her jacket off.

"Fine. Let's spar," she said with determination.

"That's my girl. Go shift," I smirked at her before taking my own shirt off. I undressed before shifting as Stella went to the tree line. Her wolf returned and faced me as the crowd watched silently.

Let's start, I mind-linked her. Her wolf growled before attacking. We went at each other for almost 20 minutes with neither of us getting the upper hand before I stopped. I shifted back and put my gym shorts back on before nodding Stella towards the tree line. She huffed before leaving.

"Did you go easy on her?" Someone asked.

"I actively tried to get the upper hand. If you don't believe me, you're free to challenge Stella yourself," I said as she walked back to my side. No one stepped up.

"I believe you. Having fought against her myself, she's tough, even in human form," my beta spoke up. That seemed to reassure most of those who were skeptical. They'd seen her fight and have trained with her. They should've known by now why she was capable of.

"From now on, you will also call her Alpha Stella. I will made a formal decree today," I announced. Stella had a poker face on as she stood there. We continued with training, but Stella pulled me back to the Jeep. She got in the passenger side and I got in the driver's side as I waited. Her eyes glassed over as she fumbled with her words for a moment.

"What was that about?" She asked finally. I took her hand in mine as I smiled gently.

"You are an Alpha, Stella. All I did was give you an opportunity to earn it back fair and square," I explained. She sniffled as she wiped a tear away quickly.

"Did you go easy on me?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I knew it wouldn't do any good to go easy on you. The only way you and the pack would accept this decision would be if I actually went all out, so I did," I explained. She hid her face from me as she faced the door. I smiled slightly before I got out and went around to open her door. She tried to turn the other way, but I trapped her legs towards me as I held her face gently. I wiped a few tears from her face before I pulled her into a gentle kiss.

"Stop," she whined. I chuckled before making her look at me.

"You earned it, Stella," I assured her. Stella was truly born to be an Alpha. Whether she still believed it or not, her title was rightfully earned, and I would be happy to share it with my female Alpha mate.