4 : A New Hope

CHAPTER FOUR
━━━━━━🌻━━━━━━

CHAPTER FOUR━━━━━━🌻━━━━━━

It hasn't been longer than a week since Mae started living with Gwen for the following month, and it went by fruitfully

It hasn't been longer than a week since Mae started living with Gwen for the following month, and it went by fruitfully. Mae slowly got used with her temporary new 'family' but she can't deny that they are good company. In a family like the Stacy's which is a joint one-- it's hard to ever get bored. Gwen's parents, her three brothers and Gwen herself have proved to become Mae's greatest source of entertainment and she simply couldn't get enough of them. Back at home, Mae had always felt a little lonely, with her family being busy at almost all times. And especially since Sarah has been busy with her training at S.H.I.E.L.D, and she doesn't think she has laughed like this in ages. 

    "So all you have to do is be hygienic." Simon Stacy, Gwen's younger brother implored. "I see nothing wrong with that." 

    He did have a point, if only Mae thought that way. "There really isn't. Except that everything is wrong." She replies, raising her shoulders. She watches as Simon creases his ashy blond eyebrows in confusion. "That doesn't make sense!" He ridiculed, looking at Mae like she said something stupid. 

    Mae leans forward, ruffling his golden hair. He groans in protest, trying to shove away her hand but it only makes her do it more. "It is what it is." Mae preaches, confusing the eleven year old again. She sighs, reaching out her hand for the bowl of popcorn on the table in front. Seems like all of Gwen's brothers and Mae are huge fans of the Star Wars franchise as A New Hope plays on the television screen. Howard and Philip Stacy are way too invested in it, as they watch the movie with their jaws drop, whereas Simon is still inclined to learn more about Mae's CVID. He is the only other member in the Stacy family ( other than Gwen ) who has a keen interest-- hence, automatically becoming Mae's favourite.

   "Mae!" A familiar voice calls irritably. Mae turns around to find Gwen, her snow hair left loose. Her green eyes widen gladly when she spots her almost blonde friend chilling with her brothers. "I need to show you something." She reveals, slight urgency tainted in her soft voice. Mae whines in protest, eyeing the TV. This causes Gwen to raise her eyebrows in dissatisfaction. "Now, Evans."