Page 8: Locked In

(You're in for a lot this page so buckle up and let's see how long I can make it)

"Good morning Jaemin!" I greet as me and Jeno walk up to the group of boys in front of the school.

"Hey beautiful." He responds, smiling at me.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Haechan gags.

"I don't know how you aren't already sick if you've looked in a mirror today." I snap back. All the boys begin laughing. I don't know where that came from but Haechan seemed pretty pissed, so I was happy.

"Jaemin, do you wanna hang out at my place after school?" I ask.

"Of course I do!"

"Can I come too noona?" Jisung begs, giving me puppy eyes.

"Nice try maknae, but it's been awhile since me and Y/N have hung out. Alone. Just us two." Jaemin ends the last one with a wink. 

"Yeah, as best friends (friendzoned) we should at least hang out alone every now and then." I add making Jaemin nod.

The bell rings and I get ready for math with my favorite Chinese duo.

Today was a half-day today which means we have our 1st, 3rd, and 5th period instead of all 7. I thought I'd be the perfect day to have a k-drama marathon with Jaemin, so I was excited.

We're now in *thud* 5th *thud* period, and Haechan *thud* keeps *thud* kicking my-

"Could you please cut it out!" I whisper yell.

"Let me think... nope." Haechan continues. *thud* *thud*

"Miss Choi and Mr. Lee, detention!" Our teacher yells. On a half day? But I'm supposed to meet up with Jaemin after school!

Haechan and I begin to complain but the teacher shuts us up. "You've completely interrupted my lesson, these are the consequences."

We both groan and lean back in our chairs.

Class ends and me and Haechan walk to the detention room. We go in and sit entirely on the other side of the room from one another.

"This is so unfair!" Haechan whines.

"Well you should've thought about that before kicking Miss Choi's desk." This came from our same History. Unfortunately, he was the one running detention.

"But she's so annoying." He whines again. This statement makes my blood boil until I explode.

"I'm annoying? I'M ANNOYING! You're the one constantly kicking my desk and saying mean things to me! I've never done anything to you! In fact, I wanted to be friends at first, what's your problem?!"

"ENOUGH!" The teacher yells. "You two are giving me the worst headache. Just because you don't get your half-day doesn't mean I shouldn't have mine. The key is on my desk, leave whenever you want." He ends, taking a big gulp of his 'coffee' before walking out.

I begin packing up my stuff so that I can leave, Haechan doing the same. He runs up to the desk and grabs the key, yes, we're locked from the inside-out.

We both go up to the door and Haechan slides the key into the keyhole.

"Well, good riddance you freak." Haechan says, looking at me. I roll my eyes and gesture him to unlock the door. He turns the key and then *snap*

I freeze and my eyes widen. "Wa- was... was that the-"

"key? Mmh." We both immediately try to pry open the door, our attempts failing everytime.

"No. No no no NO! This can't be happening!" I panic.

*Bang bang bang* "Help! Help us!" Haechan knocks on the door.

(Jaemin P.O.V)

"Where's Y/N?" I ask.

"Also, where's Haechan?" Chenle adds.

"Maybe she left without you? To get ready or something." Jeno shrugs.

"Yeah, that's it!" I say filled with hope. I wave goodbye and begin walking towards Y/N's house.

(Haechan P.O.V)

"I CANNOT be locked in here with you." I say towards Y/N but when I look at her, she's sitting in a corner, back against the wall as she hugs her knees with tears in her eyes. "Y- Y/N I-"

"Just leave me alone." She mutters. "I already know you hate me but we might be stuck here all night so I don't want to fight."

I look at her. She seemed genuinely scared and upset.

"Why do you hate me so much?" She softly ask, tears now falling. I start struggling to holding back my own.

"I- I don't hate you Y/N. If anything, I hate myself right now." I admit. "The reason I was so cold to you is... I- I'm jealous."

"Jealous? Jealous of what?"

"It's just... all of Dream fell for you so quickly. Not like crushes, but friendship. The first day you met them, everyone immediately wanted to be your friend so bad. I never got that. They admired you for breathing and it took me 2 years and hundreds of jokes to even feel like I had a place in the friend group. Even to this day, I still feel left out sometimes." I rant as Y/N looks at me with remorse in her eyes.

"You feel left out? Try moving to a new country." She chuckles. A small grin spreads across my face. "I understand how you feel, but Dream are the nicest boys out there. There's no way they purposefully let you feel unwanted, you should really try talking to them about it."

"Maybe I will." I smile. Then I turn to face her. "I'm so sorry, Y/N."

"It's okay Haechan," She assures. Looking at her now, I never realize how beautiful she is.

"Donghyuck or Hyuck," I say. She now turns to face me. "You can call me Hyuck." We both stand where we are, smiling at one another for what felt like hours. Soon, the sun began to set and I hear Y/N whimper. "Are you okay?"

"I know it's stupid, but I'm afraid of being alone in the dark. That's why I called Jaemin over. My aunt isn't coming home tonight and I don't want to sleep by myself." She tells. I softly chuckle at her cuteness.

I make my way over and sit down next to her. I place my arm around her and caress her shoulder. We stay still until I hear a phone ring. Oh yeah, those are a thing. I almost forgot we had our phones. It felt like the world around me disappeared.

We find out that it's her phone ringing so she answers it.

"Hello-"

"WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE YOU!?" The other line shouts. We could both tell it was Jaemin.

"Well... you see... " Y/N starts as she explains what happened to us.

"I'll be right over." Jaemin quickly says and hangs up.

We sit in the room for awhile, Y/N cuddling into me as the sun fully set.

My heartbeat instantly races. 'Was I falling for-'

*SLAM*

My thoughts were cut short by Jaemin kicking the door down.