Page Nine: The Fight

Author's Note: In this story the school year is from August-May and it's currently December.

Also, from now I will be mostly calling Haechan Donghyuck or Hyuck, or at least I'll try to (to minimize confusion)

(Y/N P.O.V)

It is currently the day after me and Hyuck had gotten locked in the detention classroom together.

Lunch has just begun and I walk into the cafeteria, sitting next to Jaemin as per usual. The only difference today is when I take a seat, he quickly gets up and moves to the other side of the table.

Donghyuck takes the opportunity to stand up and come sit next to me, causing Jaemin to leave our table completely and eat with a random group of students.

Why is all of this happening? Well yesterday night...

*Flashback*

After Jaemin kicked down the door, him and I left the school building. I sighed in relief as Jaemin started talking.

"So, you ignored me for this?"

"Huh?" I softly asked.

"You skipped out on our marathon just so you could cuddle in some classroom with Donghyuck?" Jaemin argued.

"I already told you, the key broke."

"Yeah, it just 'conveniently broke' while you two were alone in the classroom. Now, the guy you would always complain about hating is now your best friend? Sure, I believe it." Jaemin sarcastically snared. Just then Haech- Donghyuck walked out of the school.

"Hey, what's going on?" He nonchalantly asked.

"Nothing Hyuck, go home." Jaemin demands.

"Okay." Donghyuck quickly replies, speed walking in the other direction. Once he was gone, Jaemin spoke again.

"Why didn't you call me?" Jaemin asked. I had to think for a second. 'Why didn't I call him?'

"I don't know, I was scared."

"Sure you were. So scared you had to canoodle with your worst enemy."

"Jaemin I'm telling the truth! Look, I'm sorry okay, now can we please just go to my house?" I pleaded.

He scoffed. "Go alone, or call Donghyuck for all I care."

"Jaemin I'm serious. I'm really scared to be home alone at night, you know this. In fact you're the only person I've told. What if someone-"

"I'm the only person you've told? I bet you told Donghyuck too." Jaemin spat. "You sound like a child Y/N. Didn't your mother teach you how to grow up and stop being paranoid?"

I got mad at him for bringing up my mom, I just wish she were here. I stomped in the direction of my house, part of me wishing he'd follow. But when I turned back, I saw him walking the other way.

I didn't sleep at all that night, every little sound and movement scaring me. I wished Jaemin was there. Or my aunt, or my mom. Just someone.

*End of flashback*

I should be mad at him for leaving, but I got over it and tried to talk to him in photography earlier. He still ignored me.

This feeling hurt so much. I finally gained Donghyuck as a friend, but was it worth losing Jaemin?