Chapter 9: The Press and More

(Y/N's POV)

I entered Tzuyu's room and I just see her tearing up in her pillow, I go over to her to check on her. "Tzuyu?" She shot up from her bed, she's been crying a lot, I never seen her like this before. I'm really shocked seeing so much emotion coming out of her face. "Y/n?" She seems shocked just like how I am. "Are you okay?" I ask her, I mentally facepalm myself for asking a stupid question at this time. "No, Y/n. I'm not okay." She looks at me like someone has stolen her soul. "Talk to me Tzuyu, what's wrong?" I ask her. "I'm ....... Someone......" She mumbles and I couldn't hear her.

"What was that?" I ask her. "Nothing Y/n, I'm just really stressed out with the situation that's happening right now." She tells me as she wipes her tears, I really hate seeing her like this. I wish I can be a better friend to her. "Hey, Tzuyu-ah?" She just looks at me. "Want to go out and get ice cream?" She seemed surprised when I asked her. "R-Really?" She looks at me with her cute puppy dog eyes and a pout.

"Yes, of course. I need to be here for my best friend!" I grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the room. "Jihyo-noona, Sana-noona! Tzuyu and I are just going to get ice cream! We won't be late!" I rush Tzuyu and I to the door. I just hear Jihyo and Sana yell out "Be safe, don't be too late!" As we go out the door. Tzuyu and I put on our masks and caps, finally we're alone and have our privacy.

~~~~~

We make it to the ice cream parlour, Tzuyu gets her favorite Cookies & Cream ice cream, I get my typical mango ice cream. She looks happier, I'm happy that she is happy. "Y/n?" Tzuyu asks me, looking down at her ice cream. "Yes Yoda?" She looks sad again. "How come you're going to go public with your relationship with unnie?" I stop eating and I'm a little taken back from what she asked.

"Well, you saw that photo of us, right? JYP-nim and I thought it would be better to reveal my relationship with Sana and to you guys, so the media attention can be taken away from you... I wouldn't want the world hating on you, I would do anything to protect you." I smiled back at her. "But you would be losing your normal life, media will be all over you, I wouldn't want you to lose something like that for me." She looked me in the eyes. "Tzuyu-ah, I would sacrifice anything so you can be happy." I said without hesitation.

(TZUYU'S POV)

"Tzuyu-ah, I would sacrifice anything so you can be happy." I widen my eyes, I realized something. He really meant that, that he would give up anything so I can be happy.

"Did he let Jungkook ask me out thinking I would be happy?"

~~~~~

We finished our ice cream and we're walking back home. I feel so guilty, he must've thought I wouldn't accept his feelings, but did he have feelings? I need to find out now, before the press conference. I stopped walking, making Y/n look back at me. "What's wrong Tzuyu?" he asked, his eyes look so worried. "Y/n-ssi... Did you have feelings for me?" He looked shocked by my question. "I just want to know... If you really meant that you would sacrifice anything."

...

...

...

"Yes Tzuyu-ah, I did."

"Did?"

"What do you mean you did?" I start tearing up a little, I try to stop myself. "My feelings for you were back in high school, when we were still teenagers, I never confessed because I was afraid you didn't feel the same and our friendship would be ruined. If I had a choice, I would keep you in my life forever even as a friend rather than losing you forever after my confession." I look down, I feel sadden by his answer. "If I just confessed to him back then, we could've been happy together. Instead of me and Jungkook."