Chapter 4-Azrel's story

(I do not own this beautiful art work)
.
.
.
.
.
-Kai's P.O.V.-

I was on my way to my room,when suddenly I heard someone calling my name.
"Kai!" Jason called from room I just passed.
"Come here with us."
"Sure"
I get in to see Azrel and Marcus laying on their stomachs on bed with bowl full with popcorns in the middle,and Jason just jump on bed in the same position as they are.

"Just close the door." Azrel added with a soft smile when he saw me.
I closed the door behind me and then sit next to them.

"How long you guys have been here?" I asked.
"Around 15 minutes." Marcus answered me while grabbing popcorns.

"Where have you been? We went to your room and you were no where to be found." Jason added.
"Oh I just-"

I began,but I realize that if I tell them,they would be too curios and probably started askin' me what did Chen and I talked about.

Honestly I wouldn't like to tell them,not only because Chen said I have higher chance's of becoming a deputy, but I also just meet them.

Even tho we're going to be team,I'm not sure if I can trust them.
I don't want to feel betrayed again by them.

"-diceided to take a walk and look around palace."

"Oh ok.Umm,
Kai...We just all wondered what did you do on Tournament of the Elements.
Were some kind of umpire or were you helping with tournament or...? "
Azrel asked me,his hazel eyes filled with curiosity.

"What?" I was confused
"Noo!I was in tournament as a master of fire."

They looked at me as I said I killed someone.
"Y-You're... You're master of fire?!..." Azrel barely spoke that.

"I d-don't believe you...show us!..." Marcus added frowning.

"Pft...." I lifted my right hand and made small flame.

I honestly expected them to be surprised,since they didn't believed me(At least not Marcus).
But instead they jump of the bed scared and take two steps away.
I stopped,at the moment they all looked still afraid holding their hands close to their chest.But then Jason smiled softly

"Uf,you scared us Kai.Sorry,it was just sudden."
He get back on bed and soon did Azrel and Marcus.
"No, sorry you guys.I should have warn you..." I scratched my head smiling.
"Oh right,you said you were the part of ninjas.That makes more sense now." Marcus added.
"Wait...How will they go without fire ninja?" Azrel questoned
"Their problem." I answered sumply.

Azrel is right,without even one ninja of the main element,teamwork is harder.
But ninjas wanted me dead...
I hope they have bad struggles without me and my element.
They probably just used me because of my element after all.

God,I never thought I would feel this way when I say 'ninjas'.
I guess our enemies feeled the same.

They laughted at my answer and told my I was right,it's their problem.

"Azrel..." I began
"How did you end up here? "
I would gladly ask Marcus the same question,
but I honestly had enough of his stupid looks at me tonight.

"Well,
I lived in a small village and there was paceful.I had only two friends who were twins because they were only ones with the same age as me.
When I was six years old my mom got a cancer and we wasted a lot of money on her therapy.
We didn't became really poor,but it wasn't the same,and my parents become more stressful.
When I was around my age 12,my mom's cancer was a lot better, we finally thought that things could become good again.
But one day she was driving with her friend,and they got into a car accident.
And well,she wasn't strong enough to make it out alive.
After she passed my father lost himself.
He stopped working,talking,hearing...
He would just sit on couch and watch TV for two months.
After two months he started to go out with his jerk friends and find a new woman.
Only three months after my mother passed he re-married to my step-mom.She was a mess just like him.
They were fine with each other first four months.
We even moved to big Ninjago city.
They were hanging out,go on a vacations without me...I was almost forgotten.
After about four or five months we started loosing money again and they became to argue.
I was just usefull for them to clean the house or take out their trash.
In last two years their relationship was,well at least for me,way too toxic.
And I diceided that best thing is to leave."

Azrel ended this with look down,as he regretted the choice he made.
But honestly,I don't know what should he regret,his dad is one who should regret what he has done.

"But,their relationship was already toxic.
How could it possible be even more toxic in last two years? "
I felt guilty as this got out of my mouth,maybe he doesn't want to talk about it...

But he looked at me,not angry nor disgusted,he looked at me as I asked him how his day was.

"Well,it was.
They would openly cheat on each other with some strangers,and they completly stopped buying me clothes,books for school,even food.
In last two months fridge was empty and I barely ate.
My mom got pregnant,and she wants to abort the baby.I left so I don't know if she did it.
Honestly I'm not sure if I want her to do it or not.
At some point I know that baby could have a terrible life if it grow up with them but still I think it's not the right choice...
It's been I think around two-three months since I left,but in begining of this month I found Chen."

"I agree with you.I don't think it's right choice eather,but baby could have a really bad life...I'm sorry for your loss and your father.
At least here you have food,and us to talk,and warm and quet room...
I hope you're happier here."
I told him with a soft smile,but I hate how much sorrow was actually in my voice.

"Thank you Kai...and I am happier,a lot happier here."

We all smiled at each other at that moment.
We played some video games for a couple of hours,now it was already night and my eyes feel tired from looking at the screen and focusing on game.

"Guys,we have a training tomorrow,we should go to sleep now." Marcus said,also tired.
We all agree and go to our rooms.

I don't remember how I get in my room nor in my bed.

-Morning-

I was getting ready for my first training,wondering why Chen let us have a first day off.
I don't even know how this training will even look like.

I mean,Chen was sensei to Garmadon and Clause before,
so he must know what he's doing.
But I don't think that Jason,Marcus and Azrel ever trained to be ninja,or now 'warriors'.

I put on my gi and go to the training room.
Boys were already there.

The room had everything,exercise equipment like one's we had in monastery before,set of weights, mats and weapons such as katana,bow and arrow,saber,knife etc...

We had 15 minute's to warm up so I grab katana and started practicing.

After a few minutes I noticed that others looked at me more then they practice theirselves,but I diceided to ignore it.

They're probably just not sure what to do since they don't spend years on training like I do.
Soon Chen came and show them some skills,and show me some that I easily overcome.

I thought of revenge while I train.
What should I do to them?
I mean,if I get to become deupity,Marcus,Jason and Azrel could help me.

But If I don't,well,I guess I would be on my own.

Still maybe it's better to be on my own even if I did become deupity.

If I attack ninjas openly they could win,since there's more of them than me and my self and even my whole new team.
And it wouldn't be such a avenge.

They shell feel the same pain,so they should feel something similar to betrayel,hopeless....

....

Hopeless! I should do something where they wouldn't able to escape,or something that they can't change.

Maybe I should sneak out and set fire at the bounty?
I surely need a better plan then that but,this could be an option....