t w o

a/n: jahad is not a surname here.

and I just posted a new tog fic. check out my profile

p a s t

2 ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ

ꜰʀᴏɴᴛ ɢᴀᴛᴇꜱ, ʜᴀɴ ʀᴇꜱɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇꜱ

1:13 ᴘᴍ

It was late on a chilly autumn afternoon when I first met Bam, attempting to climb the high metallic gates inside the huge house of Han's. I decided to hide myself behind the bush, watching each of his movements. It seems he is eager to escape. I don't see any children around that might be his friends to play with. What could be his motive?

Failed to climb the gates, I could sense another idea has struck his mind. The boy disappeared from my sight but a minute later, he returned with a rock on his hand. He started banging on the metallic chains with all his might, however it won't break. Poor him. I rose from the bush and made my way towards the huge gate.

"Are you perhaps the son of Mr. Jahad Han?" I gripped the cold metal bars, shaking from his constant hitting.

He was startled upon hearing my voice. The rock fell from his hands. But then he calmed himself later on.

"No. I just met him last week." The boy also gripped the metallic , pressing his face against it. 

I tilted my head in confusion. If he isn't the son of Mr. Han, then why is he inside the gates? He might be a worker, but he's too young for that.

The boy continued, "He wants me to him Dad though." I was even more confused at his statement. "Wait. He is not your father but he wants you to call him Dad?"

"Yes, but he said I am now his son." He added. "It would be alright if I call him Dad, right?"

He beamed at me. I came at the wrong child. I am looking for Jahad's real son and this boy in front of me must be adopted. I need to ask him again. "Then Mr. Han's real son must be your brother now." He nodded and agreed with me. I am surprised how innocent and blunt this person is. "But I haven't seen him strolling outside. Where is your brother?"

I have been passing by this mansion for several months. Yet, I never saw a child inside the gates except for the household maids and the gardener. I had asked them one time but they only shoved me away.

And here I thought I met Jahad's real son right now.

"Well. . . My brother's name is Lauroe. He never goes outside of his room. He usually. sleeps all the time and only wakes up when meals are presented." He continues , his expression was kind of. . .sad? "I only see him during breakfast, bringing his blanket  along. He eats lunch and supper in his room. Right now, he's sleeping. He won't go outside, not until tomorrow."

The chances of meeting Lauroe Han is zero. I can't get any information from him if he stays in the house all the time. But well, this boy right here might be useful. He is now part of the Han group afterall. 

"What's your name?" I asked him. He paused for a while before answering.

"I really don't have any idea what was my previous name but Mr. Jaha- I mean Dad gave me the 'Jihyun Han.' I'm still not used to it--"

"Bam. I want to call you Bam." I interrupted him. His face reminds me of how he belonged to such a dark and merciless family. He kind of resembles like the night without anything but darkness. He was hesitant to speak but a few seconds later, he looked back at me with such delight in his eyes. 

"I like it." His long, brown hair swayed gently from the chilly breeze. He smiled. He was such a good sight to see but I didn't came for that. 

If I want to get something from the Han's then I need someone who'll get it for me. 

"Bam, let's be friends."  I can't help but smile a bit. His expression is full of innocence. Too bad he's son of Jahad now. 

I reached out my hand to pat his head. His hair is actually soft.I studied his features again. His golden irises were still staring at me, his mouth gaped open.

"No one has ever told me such words. I'm glad I met you." He said, his face flushed with such happiness I never saw.

The sight somehow tugged my heartstrings. My breath hitched and if I had my phone right now, I could have captured him already.

Wait. 

What was I thinking? I'm not a love-struck idiot. That was just feelings of adoration or something else. Yeah, that's right.

"Finally, you smiled!" Bam was amused and started to enjoy my company. I quickly averted my face from his response. I am starting to think that he's tempting me to goof around with him. I just couldn't stand the way he's looking at me right now. There's not even a candy I gave him to act like that. Still looking sideways, I asked him. "Bam, do you have an amnesia?"

I was kind of curious about this too. He mentioned earlier that he had no idea what is his previous name before he was adopted by Jahad.

"I do but I think my past is not that worthy to look for." His cheerful smile was replaced with a sheepish ones. I decided not to ask further. His past is not part of my concern.

That explains now why he's crazed with those simple words I said. He must be thinking that I'm the only person here in this Earth who offered him friendship. But I do really think he has a lot of them if he just didn't suffered in an amnesia.

I nervously gazed at him. This boy is now giving me creeps. I didn't know the exact reason what made me feel this way. I decided to introduce myself, anyway.

"I'm (y/n). 13 years old."

He's back at it again, doing some weird gestures. Bam was gazing down, rolling my name on his tongue slowly. 

"(y/n). . .(y/n)." He continued to mutter before lifting his gaze. I think he's satisfied now. 

"Sounds a good name. (y/n), I'm Bam. 12 years old."

Silly. Of course, I knew that already. I'm the one who gave you that name after all. 

Well, then that means I'm a year older than him. He must be in his final year of elementary. His brother might also be studying in the same school with him.

"Which school do you go to?" 

His brows furrowed like he doesn't know what to answer. However, I am certain he'll reply and so I waited for him to speak. 

"I am home-schooled not until I reach middle school. They said I'm not ready to enter such a place yet."

That makes somehow. He's in a memory loss after all. Who knows what will happen to him? The whole estate might worry for their adopted member. Come to think of it, why did Jahad adopted him at the first place?

I started to ask him more questions. I was getting more curious by each passing second.

"How about your brother? Which school does he go to?"

"I'm sorry, (y/n). I don't know anything that much yet." he gave an apologetic look at me. I almost forgot that he was new here. I couldn't obtain information yet. Not at this moment. And so, I realized I need to go everyday in front of this huge estate, to visit Bam regularly.

He turned around and sat on the ground, unnoticing  that some dirt has stuck on his pants. The brunette leaned his back against the gate.

"It's quite lonely here, (y/n). This place is so huge with different people but no one would talk to me. Lauroe is always sleeping. Dad is always busy too." 

"hat must be scary. Is this why you wanted to escape?" He nodded as he hugged his knees. I couldn't  see what face he is making right now. He must have wanted to go out badly.

"But I don't care anymore You're here after all." He faced me again and continued. "Promise you'll visit me everyday."

I patted his head for the 2nd time while trying to feel the softness of his hair again. I let out a small smile.

"Of course, Bam. I promise."

a/n: just to clear things up, the reader's age for the present setting is 15 (will turn 16 upon entering high school) and the past setting is 13.