f o u r

p a s t

ᴛᴡᴏ ʏᴇᴀʀꜱ ᴀɢᴏ

ʟɪɢʜᴛ ʀᴇꜱɪᴅᴇɴᴄᴇꜱ (ʙᴀᴄᴋʏᴀʀᴅ)

8:35 ᴀᴍ

It was a week after I met Bam when Grandma caught me going outside and strolling to somewhere.

"Where are you going?" A stern voice from behind made me flinched. I knew who the voice belongs to. I was frozen in my position, unable to answer the question.

"You keep strolling everyday to who know where!" It was Grandma who scolded me. She had already noticed that I am usually gone at this hour. I sighed knowing I couldn't escape no more. I turned around and faced her. "Yeah, yeah. I'm going back." Grandma's eyes were glued to me, never averting her gaze until I entered the backdoor.

Though I shouldn't be crestfallen but it has now become a daily routine of mine to visit that young brunette boy. Maybe, I just felt this odd feeing because I wasted a day to get another information. That should be it. There are no strings attached. There shouldn't be.

I found myself in the living room and sunk myself on the velvet couch. I am certain that if I were to escape again now, Grandma will caught me again. She might be at the porch, guarding. I found the situation utterly ridiculous at all.

I was about to close my eyes and forget all of my plans for today when Michelle, my twin, has appeared in front of me.

"I am also worried for you (y/n). You know that you're always meeting with a member of the Han family." Her voice has always been calm and she's pretty good at it. Despite this, I shot her a displeased look. "You're the one who told Grandma, didn't you?"

Michelle only shook her head, her blonde pigtails swayed from the action. I narrowed my eyes at her.

"No. I won't do that. Never. If she'll know that you're meeting a Han, she'll probably lock us here forever." She sat beside me and sunk herself too. That was convincing Michelle doesn't like to be locked up in a place especially if it's dark, just like him.

Michelle Light, my twin sister, is a calm and collective person. She often wears a smile and is great at socializing unlike myself. She has also friends, a very few number of them; I only got one though. Despite the differences, we have one characteristic that we share and that is to distance ourselves if necessary. We avoid to stand out or involve ourselves too much in situations that we are not that needed.

"How are you sure that you can accomplish what you have been planning all along?" She looked at me with a concern look in her eyes. My breath hitched. For a moment, I wasn't sure what to answer there. "Have some faith in me Michelle." I gave her a reassuring look.

Determined to get away from the subject, I feigned a yawned. "I'll go back to sleep." And with that, I went inside of my bedroom and plump myself on the bed. I wasn't tired but there's really nothing for me to do anyway. I buried my face on the blanket sheets, trying to shut myself. I wanted to get numb. Just for this moment.

...

..

.

Knock knock.

I was awaken from the knocking aound of the door. I am not a heavy sleeper; small noise can awaken me in an instant. I glance at the digital clock on the metallic desk, realizing that I had fell asleep for an hour.